NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Referendum this morning in Jackson County to approve funding for new stadium, probably in the minority here but would like to see it fail. KCK has a plan to fund it out near the race track and soccer stadium.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I think everyone knows chiefs will not leave and the possibility of royals leaving is real.

I hope the royals pursue the state of Kansas relocation as opposed to relocating to Nashville etc.

IMO Sherman does appear sincere in keeping Royals in the metro based on his respect of Ewing Kauffman, but he is a business man.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I don’t blame Kansas City for voting against paying for stadium updates. Clark Hunt is ROLLING in the cash over the last six years. And dude inherited the team. Spend some damn money yourself. Idk when it started but they opened the Pandora’s Box of the taxpayers paying for stadiums instead of the billionaire owners. That box needs to close.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I don’t blame Kansas City for voting against paying for stadium updates. Clark Hunt is ROLLING in the cash over the last six years. And dude inherited the team. Spend some damn money yourself. Idk when it started but they opened the Pandora’s Box of the taxpayers paying for stadiums instead of the billionaire owners. That box needs to close.
Yeah, Clark really came out looking cheap in this whole deal. Sherman was committing $1B for the Royals. Hunt is far wealthier than Sherman and the Chiefs are a far more lucrative team than the Royals, yet Hunt was only offering $300M.

Then the NFLPA player experience survey comes out with Hunt as the lowest rated owner in the league for the second straight year despite the team winning back to back Super Bowls. And the player complaints were all around the quality of the team facilities, staffing levels, amenities. All the things funded by Hunt. An awful look at an awful time.

• Agree
Reactions: Dandy and CloneIce