NFL: Kansas City Chiefs Thread

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Saw several mock drafts had the Chiefs taking Worthy at 32, which I would have liked. But I bet he will blow up now after that 40 and be gone by 32.
Yeah is speed is intriguing but he is so small. Only 20 years old so has a ton of room to get better as well.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Are these proposed improvements fore sure happening, or just proposed, subject to voter approval? How much is the Hunt family going to inject into the improvements? With these improvements, would the NFLPA see things differently? Do the improvements involve locker room re-do?
None of those proposed improvements have anything to do with the things the players are complaining about. Those are just stadium improvements tied to the sales tax extension both the Royals and Chiefs want voters to pass in April.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
None of those proposed improvements have anything to do with the things the players are complaining about. Those are just stadium improvements tied to the sales tax extension both the Royals and Chiefs want voters to pass in April.

Yes, the Chiefs are basically throwing a lifeline to the Royals. Chiefs are uber popular. Royals are not and downtown stadium is a little controversial (not to me). On its own, Royals might lose the vote. But Chiefs are helping out by publishing their vision of how they might spend their share of the continued tax revenues. Personally, I would have guessed the Chiefs would have razed Kauffman Stadium and built a new Arrowhead, but maybe the price tag is too high (Hunt is unwilling to put in the extra $2.0+ billion).

But yes, nothing to do with the NFLPA scorecard. All that can be addressed at any time and probably for not much money.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The NFLPA score card is a joke. I’ve been in the Chiefs facilities a few times and they are very nice. Sure, teams who have updated/built new since the Chiefs last did will obviously be nicer, but the Chiefs aren’t stuck with what they have forever. They will upgrade and the cycle repeats itself.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Saw several mock drafts had the Chiefs taking Worthy at 32, which I would have liked. But I bet he will blow up now after that 40 and be gone by 32.
I don’t think worthy is the best option. He’s basically a carbon copy of rice. Give me a big body like Franklin or Odunze

Reactions: RonBurgundy

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don’t think worthy is the best option. He’s basically a carbon copy of rice. Give me a big body like Franklin or Odunze
Except Worthy and Rice are the same at all. They aren’t getting Odunze.
Franklin could be good but worry about his drops.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Apparently 49ers tried to hire Spags away.
The efforts shanahan is going to in an attempt to deflect the blame to the defense being the reason they lost is wild. He was the one that didnt call a single run play for Mccaffrey until 3 minutes left in the 3rd

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Would be nice to get Jones locked up and then decide about Sneed. I think the Chief's are hoping the Royals get their deal and move downtown, and then they raze Royals Stadium and then use that ground and the part of the parking to create a kind of KC Chief's village with a hotel and restaurants.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Signing Tranquill for that amount after this past season is absolutely insane.

That's such an amazing team friendly deal.

Love his game and what he brings to the defense.

Drue Tranquill explains how Andy Reid recruited him to Chiefs: 'Think red. Think red. Think Super Bowls'

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Yes, the Chiefs are basically throwing a lifeline to the Royals. Chiefs are uber popular. Royals are not and downtown stadium is a little controversial (not to me). On its own, Royals might lose the vote. But Chiefs are helping out by publishing their vision of how they might spend their share of the continued tax revenues. Personally, I would have guessed the Chiefs would have razed Kauffman Stadium and built a new Arrowhead, but maybe the price tag is too high (Hunt is unwilling to put in the extra $2.0+ billion).

But yes, nothing to do with the NFLPA scorecard. All that can be addressed at any time and probably for not much money.
The Chiefs are helping out but they get alot out of too. Guaranteed publicly finacial support from the sales tax for 40 more years.