Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Both states upper half in act scores. Iowa slightly ahead. Want to hire a Johnson county KS student? God bless you. I’ll take a kid from rural Iowa or rural Kansas.
I have 2 nephews that went through Johnson County, and one currently attending KU. They're adopted so that's my out on having to claim the little arrogant ********. Yep, don't know ****, but think they know everything like every other Kansan I've met. I wish they'd just teach them how to drive, enter a doorway on the correct side, or have some sort of a personality that doesn't remind me of BTK crossed with Bob Dole.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Both states upper half in act scores. Iowa slightly ahead. Want to hire a Johnson county KS student? God bless you. I’ll take a kid from rural Iowa or rural Kansas.
Was visiting a college buddy in Johnson County one summer and asked his High School age daughters what they were doing that summer expecting to hear that they would spend some of their time with some type of summer odd job. They didn’t have any jobs and I asked where did all the prolific fast food franchises all over Johnson County get their school age workers and they said they bussed them in from Kansas City every day. No kidding. Down there KU is called Johnson County West. The dislike between KState and KU is a tier higher than the ISU/Iowa rivalry. KState is primarily rural Kansas students. They play home and away in men’s & BB & possibly in the Conference tournament plus KU has National success that they use to rub in Willy’s face.

Reactions: cycloneML

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Stereotype much? My three Johnson County educated sons did just fine. All three are Eagle Scouts, all had summer jobs and all were National Merit Scholars. One is a pharmacist, one a doctor and one an engineer. Very proud of all three.

I was educated in Iowa (Cedar Rapids School District and ISU of course) and I would put the Olathe school system up against any district in Iowa. Blue Valley schools are a different story though.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Was visiting a college buddy in Johnson County one summer and asked his High School age daughters what they were doing that summer expecting to hear that they would spend some of their time with some type of summer odd job. They didn’t have any jobs and I asked where did all the prolific fast food franchises all over Johnson County get their school age workers and they said they bussed them in from Kansas City every day. No kidding. Down there KU is called Johnson County West. The dislike between KState and KU is a tier higher than the ISU/Iowa rivalry. KState is primarily rural Kansas students. They play home and away in men’s & BB & possibly in the Conference tournament plus KU has National success that they use to rub in Willy’s face.
You had better bus in if you don't live in Johnson County. Had to go to traffic court for a turn signal violation. Seems my blinker didn't click through the complete merge while I was being profiled in my older work vehicle by a Leawood cop. Should have taken a pic behind because there were way more dark faces behind me. Thought this pic speaks for itself.

Attachments

• 20220713_085927.jpg
    20220713_085927.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
  • Angry
Reactions: Jacktronic

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
What was Tangs post game excuse this time? Man it’s been weeks but still makes me upset at how him and K State fans acted after our game. They deserve all of this
So in less than 12 months time we got to “tang is one of best coaches in the game” to he’s got to go and be fired?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What was Tangs post game excuse this time? Man it’s been weeks but still makes me upset at how him and K State fans acted after our game. They deserve all of this

Do they realize or admit that @ISU is simply a tougher game than all these other losses analytically?

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Stereotype much? My three Johnson County educated sons did just fine. All three are Eagle Scouts, all had summer jobs and all were National Merit Scholars. One is a pharmacist, one a doctor and one an engineer. Very proud of all three.

I was educated in Iowa (Cedar Rapids School District and ISU of course) and I would put the Olathe school system up against any district in Iowa. Blue Valley schools are a different story though.
Congratulations on your children’s accomplishments. There’s no doubt that JoCo students will achieve. Do you know who Stan Weber is? He has said publicly before that JoCo students will learn from rural KS students and rural KS students will learn from JoCo students.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Congratulations on your children’s accomplishments. There’s no doubt that JoCo students will achieve. Do you know who Stan Weber is? He has said publicly before that JoCo students will learn from rural KS students and rural KS students will learn from JoCo students.
Weber is PxP announcer for KSU. I’ve got no issue with that sentiment.

Some of the best engineers I worked with came from farming backgrounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: cycloneML

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
As interesting as all this chat about counties and education in Kansas is, let's get this thread back on track. Here is Tang's latest presser (I haven't watched it yet, not sure if there's any gold here):

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
So in less than 12 months time we got to “tang is one of best coaches in the game” to he’s got to go and be fired?
Tang is basically Steve Prohm. Bad coach, but if there’s enough talent on the team, you’ll never know it

Reactions: Hubbs4cy

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Web

Weber is PxP announcer for KSU. I’ve got no issue with that sentiment.

Some of the best engineers I worked with came from farming backgrounds.
A key part of our culture is now sadly to bash where other people choose to live.
What’s interesting is that abcguyks has added great perspective here and he grew up in Cedar Rapids, another place people love to bash. Looking back, I could have settled there and I suspect it would have been a wonderful place to live.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron