Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Man, ksu had the perfect out there and passed on it. The guy is a decent coach, but a little bit of a nut job. It’s not going to end well. They had their Creighton taking GMac off our hands and they doubled down and extended him? Wtf.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Man, ksu had the perfect out there and passed on it. The guy is a decent coach, but a little bit of a nut job. It’s not going to end well. They had their Creighton taking GMac off our hands and they doubled down and extended him? Wtf.
He's been there 2 years and went to an elite 8 and won national coach of the year one of those years. I agree he's not going to be great long term, but they aren't to the point they are just going to let him go. McD was a disaster from the start at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82 and Cy$

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He's been there 2 years and went to an elite 8 and won national coach of the year one of those years. I agree he's not going to be great long term, but they aren't to the point they are just going to let him go. McD was a disaster from the start at ISU.

I get it that they were good last year. But I just don’t see how it works out long term. Especially in this conference. Thing is, all they had to do was nothing. Just sit back and let it happen. Then reset with a hot coach and hit the portal hard.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I’ll probably disagree. Tang is a nut job, but the college basketball world seems to believe he is a good coach. I’ll vote for keeping perceived good coaches, and marketable characters in our conference. It’s good for ratings and perception.
I agree, keep him around. He gives us a villain, and I believe you need villains in the sports world

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Good news. I was worried they would have hired Will Wade if he left. Tang and that fanbase deserve each other.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and JP4CY

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
We really are in their heads.
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I get it that they were good last year. But I just don’t see how it works out long term. Especially in this conference. Thing is, all they had to do was nothing. Just sit back and let it happen. Then reset with a hot coach and hit the portal hard.
Yeah I love the universal confidence that he is all in for the long term at K-State. Besides the claim being debatable at best, I'd love to know based on what exactly?

I'd like to hear one good logical argument besides the narcissistic good guy act. Can anyone enlighten me?

He had no built in connection to Kansas State University whatsover. He's a blowhard self-absorbed talker that's been a head coach for all of 2 years.

Doesn't exactly scream lifer to me. In fact, he fits the prove carbon-copy sterotype of a job hopper in every way.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Tang is creepy. I can’t see how he succeeds there longterm so I’m fine if KSU wants to throw more of their resources at him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Good news. I was worried they would have hired Will Wade if he left. Tang and that fanbase deserve each other.
Will Wade will win again somewhere big.
I mean, is he more slimy than Bruce Pearl? I don't think so.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
In the age of NIL, he will succeed wherever he goes.
The problem with that theory is that he was succeeding before everyone else was playing the game. I don’t know if he’s a good coach or not, but now he’s not the only one making strong offers.