Kimchi

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I just bought my first and only batch from Costco. How do you guys eat this stuff? I feel like I'm eating something from fear factor.

Kind of like ranch dressing for me. That **** is ******* awful and represents everything wrong with the Midwest.

Kimchi can have a lot of variation. Don't give up because the big box version isn't great.

What is consistently great at Costco are the pizza rolls.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For some reason, I was not expecting this thread to be about the actual food item.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Kind of like ranch dressing for me. That **** is ******* awful and represents everything wrong with the Midwest.

Kimchi can have a lot of variation. Don't give up because the big box version isn't great.

What is consistently great at Costco are the pizza rolls.
If you hate ranch and like kimchi I'm afraid we have no common ground to discuss food anymore. :)

Reactions: KidSilverhair

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Bought a jar once at Hy-Vee. NEVER AGAIN. If I want spoiled cabbage, I can just eat what remains in the veggie drawer when it gets cleaned out.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
If you don't like fermented stuff then you won't like Kimchi. I hate fermented stuff, so I hate Kimchi. I had family that taught English in Korea and I spent 2 weeks over there with them. It was very important to them that I respect Korean culture and not come off like a doosh foreigner, and Kimchi is very important in Korean culture. You see the fermentation pots all over the place. Lots of people make their own, and it can taste very different from one place to the next, and I hated all of it. They eat it for every meal, including breakfast. Kimchi for ******* breakfast! I choked it down pretending I liked it every day I was there. I gag when I see it now. I don't ever want to eat it again.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Love kimchi. Nothing funks quite like it.

Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron