Klieman to Iowa?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Would not have mattered. The former AD, John Currie, would not have hired Sean. These coaches, even legends like Bob Knight, believe they have more power than the institution until it comes time to cull the heard.

Prior to the whole racism debacle Brian would already be the HC.... You clearly haven't followed Iowa's history of nepotism...

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I could almost see Brain leaving for a "better job" elsewhere. Maybe a HC at a lower tier? A way to save face by making it seem like a promotion.

I USED to think that'd be the way to "prove" he could be HC at Iowa...but at this point wouldn't some smaller schools look at his resume and be like "crap" if he was hired? I get the "OC at a big 10 school" but NOTHING on paper would get a school excited about that hire.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I could almost see Brain leaving for a "better job" elsewhere. Maybe a HC at a lower tier? A way to save face by making it seem like a promotion.
What program in their right mind is hiring him to be a head coach? He is the OC of a historically bad offense and is only there because of his last name.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
What program in their right mind is hiring him to be a head coach? He is the OC of a historically bad offense and is only there because of his last name.
His last name got him his first couple of jobs in football, daddy's connections will get him on as an assistant somewhere. Probably with TE's or something leaning on his NE experience, you he won't hesitate to name drop Aaron Hernandez.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Why is Ellsworth Community College gonna hire him as their head coach or is he gonna make it to the big leagues and get Buena Vista to give him an offer?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The thing you all may be missing, is first Barta may be the first to go....Kirk has a gigantic buy out, one that makes Ol' Frosty's look tiny. So you fire Barta for terrible decisions like giving Kirk and co such a huge buy out etc. and hire the Kstate AD. Then you renegotiate Kirky's contract to drastically reduce his buyout with the stipulation if he does not agree you are going to gut and replace his staff, starting with his son. Then next year you are able to fire him with a much lower buyout and bring in the new ADs buddy from @surly 's beloved KState as coach.

Ok maybe that is just wishful thinking but stranger things have happened in recent years. LOL

Or you just fire the entire AD departement for Cause because they are all Racist POS's and bring in a new staff from anywhere you want, with out paying those buy outs. Then the KState boys all come together....oh boy.

Probably better make it fast though because with all the jobs open and coming open they might not get him before somewhere else does.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Iowa just needs to find another strength and conditioning coach with proper knowledge of pharmaceuticals and they'll be back to their old self. Hopefully one that's not a racist POS, but that's not a deal breaker for them either way. No need to change anything else.
Word is that the racist POS on the former Iowa staff when Doyle was strength coach was—you guessed it—-none other than the current OC!!