KOT vs DC Possible Rematch in KC

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
KOT's strength which funk/scrambling and he has used David's aggressiveness against him in the last two matches that he has lost. If I am coaching David I tell him to go completely passive aggressive and be ready to go into OT 1-1 in order to minimize those scrambling situations that David seems to lose every time. David TD% should go way up at the 7+ minute of the match.

Last edited:

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I don’t hate David going into KC with a chip on his shoulder. I don’t love that he’s going to be on the same side of the bracket as KOT most likely though.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I don’t hate David going into KC with a chip on his shoulder. I don’t love that he’s going to be on the same side of the bracket as KOT most likely though.
You think DC will get the 4 seed? I'm thinking DC vs Messinbrink in the semi to earn the prize of facing KOT in the finals.

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
KOT pry has the edge in ride out situations. the blast double is not going to work and KOT loves being in that outside single situation they kept getting into

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Why don't more collegiate wrestlers hit that outside single and then switch to a double? What am I missing?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Why don't more collegiate wrestlers hit that outside single and then switch to a double? What am I missing?
David is shooting a head inside single and KOT has high level defense from there. If you notice he locks through the crotch and drapes over the far side pushing Carr's head to the outside. This allows him to start sitting the corner/cutting the corner. He keeps his hips square and his legs back. David wants to be able to get KOT on his butt there and collect those ankles and legs to switch off but KOT has great feel and collects his ankles and legs back when he feels David trying to bring them in. There is a 50/50 spot that KOT can get to from there where he goes into David's far side leg like a high crotch situation but he stays square. A lot of college wrestlers sit in that position and the offensive guy will cut across and score the TD. I'm sure David and coaches are working that position exclusively this next week and a half. David has to stop shooting from space KOT has that move shut down just by squaring up better with his head hands defense. Also KOT hand fighting ability is underrated he wore David down big time.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
The problem with the head outside single is guys are so good at cutting the corner or extending guys out. They can get into that tight waist position or lock through the crotch area and prevent the guy from scoring. Often you will see guys get extended all the way out to their belly with the leg locked. Also there is a great cradle position from there for the defensive guy.

Reactions: StormWarning11

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
No matter what way you slice it DC was going to have to go through both KOT and Mess to win a natty not to mention others on the way. And when he does it'll be one of the greatest runs to a title the sport has seen for some time
Heck some may say DC's run to get to last years final was arguably one of the hardest of all time, beating a national champ in Griffith in the qtrs and then beating a runner up in Monday in semis. All the while KOT had the 10 seed in qtrs and the 11 seed in the semis.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
It's too bad that the duck action sounds like it will be rewarded for Ramirez. I'd like to see them penalize Ramirez for ducking Carr. I'd also like to see them penalize KOT for ducking Carr in the dual. I'd predict ducking increases in the future during the second half of the season based upon how the NCAA seeds play out. With all of that said DC has his sights on the TOP of the podium and it doesn't matter if he beats KOT, MM, Ramirez or whoever in the semis or the finals... Either way I'm predicting DC gets his gummy bears and a gold medal. Sit back and watch the legend grow.

31 Popcorn GIFs ideas | popcorn, gif, funny gif

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

From last years championship match around 7 minutes you'll see exactly that where David tries to lock up a cradle or come around for his TD but KOT is so great in these wrestling positions.