KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think miller is at his best when by himself. Sometimes I just want to hear about sports. I don't want to hear about movies or beer or other crap.

When ken does shows by himself, he just talks sports. So basically, if he has his own show, I'll listen. But if it is with Brunson, I'll probably pass.

Tough to find much sports talk radio that only does sports anymore. The monkeys over on the Dan Patrick show spent the entire first segment today talking about the eclipse. And every time I turn on the Rich Eisen show he's making some lame joke or reference about Game of Thrones. I get that it's the slow time of year for major sports and they have to fill the airwaves with something, but if I want inane chatter about non sports stuff I'll come to CF.

Now get the hell off my lawn.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

Aug 26, 2014
Tough to find much sports talk radio that only does sports anymore. The monkeys over on the Dan Patrick show spent the entire first segment today talking about the eclipse. And every time I turn on the Rich Eisen show he's making some lame joke or reference about Game of Thrones. I get that it's the slow time of year for major sports and they have to fill the airwaves with something, but if I want inane chatter about non sports stuff I'll come to CF.

It seems like anytime I turn on sports radio these days (other than 4 to 7 of course), they are talking about someone protesting the National Anthem if it's a national show, and anything but sports if it's local. The morning show on 1460 is the worst sports show I've ever heard. I can't believe they have enough people to continue that show.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Have marty/miller even been on the radio lately? I thought they were only on channel 22.

Aug 26, 2014
Have marty/miller even been on the radio lately? I thought they were only on channel 22.
Not on the radio, I think they did a podcast or something. I lost track after they left the radio.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It seems like anytime I turn on sports radio these days (other than 4 to 7 of course), they are talking about someone protesting the National Anthem if it's a national show, and anything but sports if it's local. The morning show on 1460 is the worst sports show I've ever heard. I can't believe they have enough people to continue that show.

I can't speak to that. I usually don't turn it on until around 7:45 when they've exhausted their topics and they're limping to the finish line - like most shows. I wish they would turn off the producer's mic for that one. I doubt that he's actually an idiot, but if he's just playing one on the radio he's extremely convincing and willing. Don't help them make a joke out of you.

Last edited:

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa

Preach! I really wish the morning show was better. Not a fan of Travis Justice at all

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Oh, I know. And people obviously like it. So I don't blame them for doing it.

But if there is s place for only sports, I think ken could pull it off. But give him an idiot like Marty or Bronson, then it won't work.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I haven't listened to DSM talk radio in half a decade, but I can't believe Brinson still has a job there. He wasn't a ****, but man, he just didn't have anything to say about anything.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Hmm, Jimmy B seems to be gone half the time from that show. Wonder if Miller and Brinson are going to do a show again. They were pretty decent together.

Miller ripped on Jimmy B quite a bit on 1700. I would be pretty shocked to see them team back up. Maybe Brinson is leaving?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I haven't listened to DSM talk radio in half a decade, but I can't believe Brinson still has a job there. He wasn't a ****, but man, he just didn't have anything to say about anything.

Hey Ken, you headed out to Lost Wages this weekend? Ha ha ha!

Corny. But it does play well with a guy who can come across as a little dour like Ken Miller.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Hey Ken, you headed out to Lost Wages this weekend? Ha ha ha!

Corny. But it does play well with a guy who can come across as a little dour like Ken Miller.

I could get over corny if they know their stuff. It seemed to me like he didn't know much about the Iowa sports scene, and was just kind of an empty suit guy with a voice.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
As an out of towner that will listen to listen to iheart, I stay away from most of the crap radio shows. I'll tune in to Chris and sometimes to Murph and Andy (but NOT the Time with Tana segment-BAD), but DP has lost me over the years. He seems to care more about talking about Adam Sandler and Johnny Depp's favorite cologne they like to wear than sports. I enjoy listening to them talk sports, but I'm not wasting my little free time with the other nonsense. People have complained on here about Rich Eisen's posse.. The guy just isn't my type of guy, kind of comes out as a kiss ass in every interview. 'You are the best' in every interview seems a little phony. I've been a fan of Jim Rome for many years and still enjoy listening to him. His interviews are great and he's a good troll with the clones (his listeners). Kyle Brandt was an awesome guest host too but he moved to NFL Network. Le Batard can be funny, Clay Travis is smart but a Rome wannabe, Schein, Russillo, Bomani, Gottlieb are ok. Will Cain is worse to listen to than a squeaky chalk board. Cowherd is a troll so it depends if I'm in the mood to listen. Bernstein tries to be cool by being a prick but he's just annoying and Goff is only NBA blahblah. That show turned too PC. I like Stephen A but never been a fan of his radio show. Mike and Mike have 2 months off each in the year... I'm not even mad, I'm kind of jealous. And Marty stinks in every way you can stink, whether that is by doing radio or his finances. Like many have said, Miller made a bad mistake leaving 1460 but at the same could be said about Brinson at the time he left. I thought they were ok together. Not sure if Brinson/Condon will stay together, they aren't terrible.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

People listen to D. Patrick? I grew up on him at ESPN but that show is turrible.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Miller was pretty good when you sat him down next to Brinson, he (like most would) sounded like a genius. Guy could just make subtle, backhanded compliments for 2 hours and Brinson would be none the wiser.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
If you want to pick up 1700, you'll need one of these:

35EE82C000000578-3673368-image-a-29_1467626007411.jpg