KU Game thread

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Warm up the bus - we are ready to skedaddle back to Ames in the snow. Then back down to Lincoln to play redville.

It's going to take them a really long time to get back to Ames with how the weather is. The way the game wenet was going to make it a long enough ride as it is.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I seem to remember our fans cheering loudly for reserves anytime they shot and made a 3-point shot. These guys never get to play - I don't care what they're shooting.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I seem to remember our fans cheering loudly for reserves anytime they shot and made a 3-point shot. These guys never get to play - I don't care what they're shooting.

I agree. If it was a starter than maybe, but these are guys who never get to play.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This storm we have had all day has really had it toll :no6xn:

I just got back from replacing shingles on my roof that the wind took off. 40+ MPH winds for most of the afternoon with gusts over 60...and a nice big cloud of west Texas dust to boot. At least my power is still on...

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I've been talking on the KU message board with their fans. Half are cut throat and are happy they ran it up on us. The other half was positive and made good comments on things like we're rebuilding and we have embarrassed them before there.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
It is amusing. People complain that their starters were in too long. Then when the subs come in, people complain at what they're doing.

Would some of ya been happier if the pom-pom squad had stepped in?

I apologize for being a bit short, yet some of the behavior today has been rather frustrating and disappointing.

It's been a bad day for all ISU fans.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I hope that Ross gets better. He fails to challenge the outside shooter he has total responsibility for...

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
It is amusing. People complain that their starters were in too long. Then when the subs come in, people complain at what they're doing

To be honest I was glad they kept their starters in as long as they did. From about the 9 minute- 4 minute mark both teams were playing really hard and battling. It was the best part of the game.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I don't think there is anything wrong wtih being frustrated by two different classless acts. One being starters in too long. The other being reserves shooting 3s. Oh well, lets kick some husker tail wed!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
How was it classes? Ya wouldn't be complaining if it were the other way - instead cheering "beat them by more!".

I didn't see anything wrong in how KU handled themselves late in the game.

Again, they're getting ready to make a big run in the post-season. Self needs to keep his guys sharp, conditioned and ready to play.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Difference of opinion. I just figured they would manage the clock and ran the game out to move on to the next game. Either way we didn't show up today.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron