KU Game thread

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I seem to remember our fans cheering loudly for reserves anytime they shot and made a 3-point shot. These guys never get to play - I don't care what they're shooting.

I agree with what you said here wholeheartedly, but the starters never stopped shooting threes, either.

I think this game was very comprable to the Michigan State/Iowa game, and I was told that Izzo started pulling off at the 10 minute mark.

I don't expect them to just stop trying. That brings the integrity of the game into question, but there's no reason for their starters to be in that late in the game. What would their fans have been saying if Julian Wright, Chalmers, or Rush got hurt with 7 minutes left in a game in which they were up by 40?

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
How many games has it been that your leading scorer has 8 points. We need some shooting expertise soon. That is why we need Wes Eckmeier.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
How many games has it been that your leading scorer has 8 points. We need some shooting expertise soon. That is why we need Wes Eckmeier.

Isn't Staiger coming in next year and supposed to be a sharpshooter too?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
How was it classes? Ya wouldn't be complaining if it were the other way - instead cheering "beat them by more!".

I didn't see anything wrong in how KU handled themselves late in the game.

Again, they're getting ready to make a big run in the post-season. Self needs to keep his guys sharp, conditioned and ready to play.
I aggree this is the Big 12.....Self put subs in at 5 min mark like most coaches do during blow-outs