KU Guilty of Robbery

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Un-f'ing'believable that KU gets away with that home win. Made me sick to my stomach and for a brief moment, I felt sorry for K-State. Do they not get away with more blatant ******** than any team you've ever seen?

Looks to me like KU has a team full of good players but not a good team, if that makes sense. I hope they **** the bed and lose at home, away and anywhere else they play.

**** Kansas.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...d-on-kansas-buzzer-beating-shot-over-k-state/

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Has there ever been a rivalry where one team is the David in basketball and the Goliath in football? Seems like that's KU/KSU.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's just all so obvious. I mean, you just run out of possible explanations short of blantant favoritism. I can understand a 50/50 foul call on the last play maybe not going your way. But this dude literally stopped dribbling about 3 feet past the half court line. It was a complete farce. A ref can sit there and watch a big guy slide a pivot foot a few inches, but can't seem to realize that the KU guy took approximately 4 steps while gliding from half court to the rim without bothering to put the ball on the floor.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
IMO, this was a "swallow the whistle, let them play this out" sort of decision. Problem was .... it wasn't a contact violation, which they were looking to overlook.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I agree with everything said so far but... even if they make the traveling call it just goes to OT and KU will get some other ridiculous call to win. KSU was never going to win that game.

I am disappointed in this reply, but understand its' apathy.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Sheesh, this is right up there with the phantom three. I used to work with a KU alum and during hoops season we always discussed the ridiculousness that happens in the Phog. He refused to acknowledge any officiating bias that occurs in that building and just chalked everything up as good basketball and a great venue. The calls that they get in that building really is unbelievable.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Those pricks will never admit they have an edge with the refs.

At least it seems our own contrarians on this site have given up. In past years we'll have ISU contrarians running around acting like KU is just another team. It's clear as day. This is an annual event where KU wins a game or multiple Big 12 games and it becomes a national story how horrendous the calls are that allowed them to win.

We've got a group of officials that ref most Big 12 games (everyone knows there's no official "big 12 basketball refs") and those officials as a whole give KU an edge for whatever reason, it doesn't have to be some X-Files deep rooted conspiracy for that to be true. The wild conspiracy would be somebody watching Big 12 basketball and thinking it's just luck that KU gets full court two dribble layups, dead ball 3s, three bad calls on a single bad play and random players being assigned a star player's 5th foul.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm always amazed that players and coaches can keep it together in that situation. I'm furious and I have no rooting interest. If I was Weber, I don't think I could keep it together after something like this.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
At least it seems our own contrarians on this site have given up. In past years we'll have ISU contrarians running around acting like KU is just another team. It's clear as day. This is an annual event where KU wins a game or multiple Big 12 games and it becomes a national story how horrendous the calls are that allowed them to win.

We've got a group of officials that ref most Big 12 games (everyone knows there's no official "big 12 basketball refs") and those officials as a whole give KU an edge for whatever reason, it doesn't have to be some X-Files deep rooted conspiracy for that to be true. The wild conspiracy would be somebody watching Big 12 basketball and thinking it's just luck that KU gets full court two dribble layups, dead ball 3s, three bad calls on a single bad play and random players being assigned a star player's 5th foul.

There just has to be "something" there. I mean, in my 6 year old daughter's little YMCA basketball games they'd have stopped the game and said "hunny, you have to remember to dribble." But 3 trained referees, not one saw that?

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
this would be funny .....

When KU visits KSU .... on their first inbound play under KUs hoop, KSU does the exact same thing as KU did last night ...

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Sheesh, this is right up there with the phantom three. I used to work with a KU alum and during hoops season we always discussed the ridiculousness that happens in the Phog. He refused to acknowledge any officiating bias that occurs in that building and just chalked everything up as good basketball and a great venue. The calls that they get in that building really is unbelievable.

Over 10 years have passed and everytime I see that it still makes me want to break things. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron