KU Guilty of Robbery

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Pro tip: preface the quote with "from the article:" or put the quote in italics or quotation marks, because when I read your post my first reaction was "yeah, right...YOU were talking to Jackson after the game." After reading the article I realized you were quoting it.

Putting aside the fact that it's a completely homer article, think about it. Did he "say" it to the ref, or did he "yell" it at the ref? Yelling at the ref is rarely a good idea, and if you already have a rep for having a temper, it's a REALLY bad idea. It's a technical most of the time.

Matter of fact, your coach admitted as much (just like he admitted Svi traveled):
from the article:
“Surely he’s going to learn, he’s got to learn,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He’s too good a player. He’s developed a reputation now, that he’s got to get the last word. These are good officials. These are guys who’ve called the Final Four. They’re not going to take any crap from anybody.”
A homer article? It was an article written by the local paper. Good grief. The AP coverage of the game was "The Wildcats used a five-point trip thanks in part to a technical foul on Jackson to trim into a 56-48 deficit." That's it. You asked for details on what was said and only the news organizations who get paid to report more than the basics reported on it. It's amazing the stupid crap people come up with to complain about.

It was a lame technical foul call and it directly affected the outcome of the game in a negative manner against Kansas at home, which I am led to believe never happens according to everyone here. If it was warranted then there were multiple KSU players who acted in a similar manner would have also received technical fouls. They didn't. Which is my point.

You guys/gals are truly ridiculous. You claim KU gets the benefits of all the calls at home due to some giant cosmic conspiracy, yet when given clear and obvious examples that there are times where Kansas has bad calls go against them as well, you dismiss them. This is like arguing that fake news is fake with a Trump supporter.

• Informative
Reactions: grantdd

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
A homer article? It was an article written by the local paper.
Which, by definition, tends to make it homer...
It was a technical foul call and it directly affected the outcome of the game in a negative manner against Kansas at home, which I am led to believe never happens according to everyone here. If it was warranted then there were multiple KSU players who acted in a similar manner would have also received technical fouls. They didn't. Which is my point.
Link?
You guys/gals are truly ridiculous. You claim KU gets the benefits of all the calls at home due to some giant cosmic conspiracy, yet when given clear and obvious examples that there are times where Kansas has bad calls go against them as well, you dismiss them. This is like arguing that fake news is fake with a Trump supporter.
You are on an ISU message board with mostly ISU posters, continually posting about KU. Who is the ridiculous one here?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

hahaha, oh Tuco. Are you on the spectrum?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A homer article? It was an article written by the local paper. Good grief. The AP coverage of the game was "The Wildcats used a five-point trip thanks in part to a technical foul on Jackson to trim into a 56-48 deficit." That's it. You asked for details on what was said and only the news organizations who get paid to report more than the basics reported on it. It's amazing the stupid crap people come up with to complain about.

It was a lame technical foul call and it directly affected the outcome of the game in a negative manner against Kansas at home, which I am led to believe never happens according to everyone here. If it was warranted then there were multiple KSU players who acted in a similar manner would have also received technical fouls. They didn't. Which is my point.

I was told Jackson said mother...you can fill in the rest and he's lucky he didn't get ejected

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I was told Jackson said mother...you can fill in the rest and he's lucky he didn't get ejected
Yeah, OK. I hear a KSU fan was "told" that he went all Mike Tyson and threatened to eat his children. So it's lucky he didn't get banished for the rest of the season, I suppose.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
hahaha, oh Tuco. Are you on the spectrum?

Which, by definition, tends to make it homer...
Link?

You are on an ISU message board with mostly ISU posters, continually posting about KU. Who is the ridiculous one here?
So is all the stuff written by the cyclonefanatics staff that covers the ISU team to be considered "biased homerism that should be considered inaccurate"?

It's the absurdity of the failed logic that makes me feel like I might be losing my mind. Perfectly logical people with whom I have had numerous intelligent conversations with over non-basketball content suddenly turn into illogical nuts when the topic turns to KU basketball. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
So is all the stuff written by the cyclonefanatics staff that covers the ISU team to be considered "biased homerism that should be considered inaccurate"?

It's the absurdity of the failed logic that makes me feel like I might be losing my mind. Perfectly logical people with whom I have had numerous intelligent conversations with over non-basketball content suddenly turn into illogical nuts when the topic turns to KU basketball. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

Pot, kettle, jayhawk....KKKKKKKKKKKK UUUUUUUUUUUU

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm a little curious as to why you linked this video...it's football, it's big 10, and it's a coach...

Example of a hissy fit. But here's a basketball related one if that helps distinguish ...
ap_404948454451.jpg

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

At what point have we claimed that the news or commentary on this site is unbiased? OF COURSE it's biased. It's an ISU message board. Some articles are more biased than others.

Biased =/= inaccurate. However, things can be worded in a way that guides the readers' understanding of a situation.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
At what point have we claimed that the news or commentary on this site is unbiased? OF COURSE it's biased. It's an ISU message board. Some articles are more biased than others.

Biased =/= inaccurate. However, things can be worded in a way that guides the readers' understanding of a situation.
It was reported that it is what he said and Jackson himself confirmed it in a direct quote. If you choose to believe instead that the reporter is biased and the kid is lying well then so be it. So long as you understand that it is your bias and not anything that is based in reality.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
It was reported that it is what he said and Jackson himself confirmed it in a direct quote. If you choose to believe instead that the reporter is biased and the kid is lying well then so be it. So long as you understand that it is your bias and not anything that is based in reality.
You gave me one example of reporting, which was written as "hearsay". And of course the young man in question would have no reason to downplay his words.
But keep believing that everyone is biased except you and your source(s). You do that very well.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, OK. I hear a KSU fan was "told" that he went all Mike Tyson and threatened to eat his children. So it's lucky he didn't get banished for the rest of the season, I suppose.

Still waiting on the link of what Jackson actually said and not just what he supposedly said because that's what he told the media. The kid has all the talent in the world but he seems like a loose cannon

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Cool story, bro but I am not buying it. There is not one fan of a blue blooded program that would ever make that claim. You obviously have never been on a national message board with fans from all over.

The refs suck at their job in many games and at some point in those games each team is affected. Josh Jackson was confirmed by multiple sources as saying nothing more than "That's a foul" to a ref against KSU and got slapped with a technical. Meanwhile earlier in the game, official Mike Stuart declined to call a technical on K-State’s Isaiah Maurice for slapping a dead ball off the court, instead telling Maurice, “I protected you on that one.” And later in the game, DJ Johnson threw multiple hissy fits about fouls called on him with no technical foul called at all.

Sorry, but that's friggin' ridiculous and something that any fan of any team is going to complain about. Having to send the guy that torched KSU for 16pts, 5 boards and 5 assists in the first half to the bench 2 minutes into the 2nd half due to a completely bogus technical foul just because an arrogant ref wants to teach a hot shot youngster who is in charge out there was a major turning point in the game. KU lost half their lead while Jackson was on the bench.

I get that this whole "KU fans say they don't complain about the refs" shtick is something you guys play up, but I think it's gotten to the point where some of you are actually starting to believe it. No KU fan says they don't. Sell that silliness somewhere else.

thanks for liking the story, but I'm not your bro.

I also never said the chastising came from KU or any other traditional power. Actually in our case it comes from other Baylor fans who like to say that to be a real big time program you have to ignore getting screwed by the refs and not post threads about getting hosed.

They obviously haven't spent much time around fans from Kentucky, UNC, Duke or KU.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Somehow, this quote from Jared's piece belongs in this thread.

“If our name was Kansas,” Eustachy said. “Iowa State would’ve gotten the one-seed.”

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk