KU Guilty of Robbery

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I don't have any problem giving credit to the other teams.

OU shared in 2005
UT shared in 2006 and 2008
KSU shared in 2013

The entire country (except biased Jayhawk and Hawkeye fans) saw the highway robbery of the KU-ISU game in Ames of that year, where KU later won in OT. If the game were called properly by competent refs, KU loses that game and KSU would have won the conference title outright.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
You are conveniently forgetting that at the end of that same game KU hit a 3 pointer to send it to overtime where the player's foot was on the arc.

It was certainly close but there was never any video evidence that showed his foot was on the line.

tumblr_inline_mwlfhr7Isp1r3zat8.gif

Then where is the video evidence? If there was actually anything out there it would have been posted 18 times in this thread by now.

To help surly follow (not trying to be condescending). There was never video showing Langford's foot on the line back in '04. I realize Svi travelled.

Haven't done this in my last few posts so let me state that OU, UT and KSU have all recently shared titles with KU.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Often when a non-blueblood programs fans complain about calls they are told, great programs are above griping about officiating.

Whenever I hear this, I just point at KU and laugh.
Cool story, bro but I am not buying it. There is not one fan of a blue blooded program that would ever make that claim. You obviously have never been on a national message board with fans from all over.

The refs suck at their job in many games and at some point in those games each team is affected. Josh Jackson was confirmed by multiple sources as saying nothing more than "That's a foul" to a ref against KSU and got slapped with a technical. Meanwhile earlier in the game, official Mike Stuart declined to call a technical on K-State’s Isaiah Maurice for slapping a dead ball off the court, instead telling Maurice, “I protected you on that one.” And later in the game, DJ Johnson threw multiple hissy fits about fouls called on him with no technical foul called at all.

Sorry, but that's friggin' ridiculous and something that any fan of any team is going to complain about. Having to send the guy that torched KSU for 16pts, 5 boards and 5 assists in the first half to the bench 2 minutes into the 2nd half due to a completely bogus technical foul just because an arrogant ref wants to teach a hot shot youngster who is in charge out there was a major turning point in the game. KU lost half their lead while Jackson was on the bench.

I get that this whole "KU fans say they don't complain about the refs" shtick is something you guys play up, but I think it's gotten to the point where some of you are actually starting to believe it. No KU fan says they don't. Sell that silliness somewhere else.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
FU KU. You can't see the forest for the trees. Who were the "multiple sources" that heard your one-and-done? Probably, more KU fans, right? They don't matter outside of Lawrence. You don't show the ref's up by yelling right at them. That's a textbook "T" whenever it happens. The actions of KSU players are harder to quantify, as it's not directed at someone's face, just randomness. You were lucky to get a win, stop complaining. We all can't wait to see if these ******** calls keep protecting you at home.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
FU KU. You can't see the forest for the trees. Who were the "multiple sources" that heard your one-and-done? Probably, more KU fans, right? They don't matter outside of Lawrence. You don't show the ref's up by yelling right at them. That's a textbook "T" whenever it happens. The actions of KSU players are harder to quantify, as it's not directed at someone's face, just randomness. You were lucky to get a win, stop complaining. We all can't wait to see if these ******** calls keep protecting you at home.
It was right in front of media row. All of the reporters covering the game saw it.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
D.J. Johnson did not throw a single hiss fit. Zero. None. See video below.

Maurice should have been T'd up for slamming the ball. He was mad at his teammate, not the ref. He said nothing to the ref, nor did D.J.

Taco just keeps bullshiz flowing.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Cool story, bro but I am not buying it. There is not one fan of a blue blooded program that would ever make that claim. You obviously have never been on a national message board with fans from all over.

The refs suck at their job in many games and at some point in those games each team is affected. Josh Jackson was confirmed by multiple sources as saying nothing more than "That's a foul" to a ref against KSU and got slapped with a technical. Meanwhile earlier in the game, official Mike Stuart declined to call a technical on K-State’s Isaiah Maurice for slapping a dead ball off the court, instead telling Maurice, “I protected you on that one.” And later in the game, DJ Johnson threw multiple hissy fits about fouls called on him with no technical foul called at all.

Sorry, but that's friggin' ridiculous and something that any fan of any team is going to complain about. Having to send the guy that torched KSU for 16pts, 5 boards and 5 assists in the first half to the bench 2 minutes into the 2nd half due to a completely bogus technical foul just because an arrogant ref wants to teach a hot shot youngster who is in charge out there was a major turning point in the game. KU lost half their lead while Jackson was on the bench.

I get that this whole "KU fans say they don't complain about the refs" shtick is something you guys play up, but I think it's gotten to the point where some of you are actually starting to believe it. No KU fan says they don't. Sell that silliness somewhere else.

Lost me here with the very KU fan like statement.

• Friendly
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Link to Jackson only saying that's a foul?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I spent two plus years on the ESPN boards before joining CF after ESPN went to Facebook logins. Is that national enough for you?

There were about a half dozen fan-bases that would troll threads dedicated to games that didn't even involve their team, just because a rival team (or fan base) was involved. Guess what? KU was one of those. They would pop into any number of random threads, and suddenly the thread would turn to the greatness of KU. Kind of like happens here frequently during basketball season...

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Then where is the video evidence? If there was actually anything out there it would have been posted 18 times in this thread by now.
I will find it. It was Keith Langford with 28 seconds left in the game. And if it wasn't for the "phantom" three....this would have been the headline. Be patient....and when I do....will you leave this site now and forever?

• Optimistic
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
D.J. Johnson did not throw a single hiss fit. Zero. None. See video below.

Maurice should have been T'd up for slamming the ball. He was mad at his teammate, not the ref. He said nothing to the ref, nor did D.J.

Taco just keeps bullshiz flowing.

I'm a little curious as to why you linked this video...it's football, it's big 10, and it's a coach...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
With the Big 12 being so tough top to bottom this year, maybe we need to keep a real Big 12 standings in addition to the fake WWE results.

Real Big 12 standings 01-08-17:
1. Baylor 3-0
T2. Kansas State 2-0-1
T2. Kansas 2-0-1
T4. West Virginia 2-1
T4. Iowa State 2-1
T6. Texas Tech 1-2
T6. TCU 1-2
T6. Texas 1-2
T9. Oklahoma State 0-3
T9. Oklahoma 0-3

Real standings put Baylor alone at #1, move KSU into T2nd, move KU down to T2nd.

The only real result of that KU/KSU game is a tie, but if KU's fake basket had tied the game the real result would just be a W for KSU.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Doc

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Surely if it was in front of the entire press row, at least ONE of them would have reported it?

His third technical came against K-State, when by all accounts he yelled “that’s a foul” to official Ray Natili. That’s an absurdly soft technical. After the game, I asked Jackson if that’s all he said, whether there was an escalating descriptor in there somewhere.

“That’s a foul,” Jackson said. “That’s all I said.”

Earlier in the game, official Mike Stuart declined to call a technical on K-State’s Isaiah Maurice for slapping a dead ball off the court, instead telling Maurice, “I protected you on that one.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article125008304.html#storylink=cpy

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
His third technical came against K-State, when by all accounts he yelled “that’s a foul” to official Ray Natili. That’s an absurdly soft technical. After the game, I asked Jackson if that’s all he said, whether there was an escalating descriptor in there somewhere.

“That’s a foul,” Jackson said. “That’s all I said.”

Earlier in the game, official Mike Stuart declined to call a technical on K-State’s Isaiah Maurice for slapping a dead ball off the court, instead telling Maurice, “I protected you on that one.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article125008304.html#storylink=cpy
Pro tip: preface the quote with "from the article:" or put the quote in italics or quotation marks, because when I read your post my first reaction was "yeah, right...YOU were talking to Jackson after the game." After reading the article I realized you were quoting it.

Putting aside the fact that it's a completely homer article, think about it. Did he "say" it to the ref, or did he "yell" it at the ref? Yelling at the ref is rarely a good idea, and if you already have a rep for having a temper, it's a REALLY bad idea. It's a technical most of the time.

Matter of fact, your coach admitted as much (just like he admitted Svi traveled):
from the article:
“Surely he’s going to learn, he’s got to learn,” KU coach Bill Self said. “He’s too good a player. He’s developed a reputation now, that he’s got to get the last word. These are good officials. These are guys who’ve called the Final Four. They’re not going to take any crap from anybody.”