Ku hiring Sean Synder ...

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
What is the job he is being hired there to do exactly? "Special assistant to the head coach" must be the euphemism for special teams coach for head coaches who say they don't need a special teams coach.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Next stadium naming most likely will be "Chris Klieman Field" by the time he hangs it up a couple decades down the road.

Promo1.jpg

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He wasn't retained by Klieman. But he has won several coaching awards and has improved special teams at both USC and Illinois. He'll do the same in Lawrence. I always thought he'd be a great fit on CMC's staff. But logic often fails me.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"Family" refers to the K-State family. Bill made that plain from the get-go.

The name of the stadium was requested by Kansas State, but Bill Snyder had one detail in the name that he wanted in there. He wanted it to say Bill Snyder Family Stadium because of the people he had met over the 17 years as head coach at the time.

“If you are going to do it, name it after the people that I care about the most,” Snyder said.

The stadium holds over 50,000 people that come to support the Wildcats on Saturdays during the fall.
Collegian

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I know that this is about Kansas schools and special teams coaches but you forget how bad Baylor was for so long. And to be fair to Surly and K State fans, their record shows some remarkable consistency.
Snyder won 9 or more 14 times, 10 or more 9 times. I don't see that changing under Klieman given the current trend line.