KXNO Sports Fanatics

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
No one in this market cares about the NBA. ISU fans are super proud of the success our guys are having, but very few of us actually tune in.

Half of this market suddenly cares about the WNBA and will continue to hang on CC's every move until Iowa MBB is relevant again.
I may be in the minority, but I like the NBA playoffs. I got started watching them with a friend who was confined to a wheelchair as a high schooler and been watching and looking forward to the NBA playoffs every year.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I may be in the minority, but I like the NBA playoffs. I got started watching them with a friend who was confined to a wheelchair as a high schooler and been watching and looking forward to the NBA playoffs every year.
I like the NBA playoffs too, but I'm hardly glued to it.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
No one in this market cares about the NBA. ISU fans are super proud of the success our guys are having, but very few of us actually tune in.

Half of this market suddenly cares about the WNBA and will continue to hang on CC's every move until Iowa MBB is relevant again.

Exactly - didn't Blum used to joke about being the president of the 5 member NBA fan club in Iowa? If neither was an option I bet that would win (even over Iowa's golden child). I might watch a little of the ISU guys & for betting purposes, but NBA is down with MLB on my list of interests - at the bottom - just ahead of WNBA.

Reactions: Acylum

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Exactly - didn't Blum used to joke about being the president of the 5 member NBA fan club in Iowa? If neither was an option I bet that would win (even over Iowa's golden child). I might watch a little of the ISU guys & for betting purposes, but NBA is down with MLB on my list of interests - at the bottom - just ahead of WNBA.
If a series gets good and there are weekend games, I'll tune in with a couple of beers, but I'm not adjusting my life at all for it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

This. Their regular season is unwatchable but when playoffs starts it's 1000% better. The Western conference slate alone is nuts.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I’m probably in a weird category but I don’t watch the regular season at all but I’m all in starting tonight.
The biggest problem with the NBA playoffs is how much it shows players don't care about the regular season, and that's from someone who watches both.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I’m probably in a weird category but I don’t watch the regular season at all but I’m all in starting tonight.
I'll stop and watch if it is Hali, Georges, or Monte. Playoffs I'll watch if available the Finals I try to watch them. That's some quality ball there. I still like Denver and wouldn't have seen them if it wasn't for Monte going there.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You don't think it's good publicity for Iowa State when JP is on KXNO?

I think it's great and it's part of why I started listening via podcast again after dumping them for a decade...but it's very much likeJP does this to balance out that the rest of the air time on the network is just Hawkeye propaganda/hype.

M&A at least try, most of their other shows over the years would have been torture to listen to.

Reactions: NWICY