Led Zeppelin

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Mount Rushmore of all time bands....

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Rolling Stones

Pretty hard to argue with that list IMO. Yeah, some can make the case for groups like Rush, The Who, U2, Radiohead, Pearl Jam and others.... but you would have to remove someone to add someone else..... so who would you remove?

My least favorite of the four is the Stones, but it would be tough to take them off. Also interesting how none of the four is American.

What would be the Mount Rushmore of American bands? Pearl Jam? Petty? Springsteen and the E Street Band? REM, Others?
When it came to the Seattle grunge bands I always liked AIC and Soundgarden more than Nirvana and PJ.

Last edited:

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
When it came to the Seattle grunge bands I always like AIC and Soundgarden more than Nirvana and PJ.

I agree with this. AIC was every song good. Pearl Jam started off red hot with Ten and got worse every album since in my opinion. I like them but I always wondered what AIC would have done if lane was able to live longer and kick the habit

Reactions: deadeyededric

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Radiohead, now that's where I go for some fun music, not some ****** boomer band.

We're probably the same age and if I hear another Radiohead song again in my life it will be an accident.

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
Speaking of politics, I listened to a fair amount of Rage Against the Machine growing up. Some of their stuff made my parents head turn.

You should like this if you haven't seen it. Looks like a young Matt Campbell. =)

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Great thing about music is that everyone can have their favorites without having to worry about what others think.

The Replacements are probably my favorite band of all time, and would be joined by The Smiths, Pavement, and REM on my Mt Rushmore.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Great thing about music is that everyone can have their favorites without having to worry about what others think.

The Replacements are probably my favorite band of all time, and would be joined by The Smiths, Pavement, and REM on my Mt Rushmore.

Yeah, but some people are just objectively wrong. Like the OP;)