Let’s talk Jackrabbits

Devon

Mar 17, 2014
we should win but this matchup makes me nervous. i hope we dont take this as a given. didnt we lose a first round game as a #2 years ago? im forking out good $$ to go watch the game and i sire hope i dont jinx the outcome. it really gets me going when lipsey and gilbert try to drive the lane against 3 defenders and make an insanely bad shot. share the ball, dont try to be a superhero, and we should do well. but dont overlook these guys. please, make it an enjoyable game for me!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
we should win but this matchup makes me nervous. i hope we dont take this as a given. didnt we lose a first round game as a #2 years ago? im forking out good $$ to go watch the game and i sire hope i dont jinx the outcome. it really gets me going when lipsey and gilbert try to drive the lane against 3 defenders and make an insanely bad shot. share the ball, dont try to be a superhero, and we should do well. but dont overlook these guys. please, make it an enjoyable game for me!
I haven't seen a single game this year where our guys looked like they were taking anything as a given. All out effort, every single game. Only difference game to game is in how well they execute.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
As cool as a 1 seed would’ve been, there are some *tough* 8/9 matchups out there.

We have side stories that most of the basketball world doesn’t know, but Drake and SDSU are mid majors and Wazzu isn’t unbeatable. Our coaches are scouting all 3 teams this week.

PAC-12 is basically the WCC at this point.

Reactions: Acer88 and Cyched

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, there is absolutely no comparison between this team ending the year and 2001 team ending the year.

This team looks a lot more like 2000 than 2001.

Kinda like how the 2014 team had different vibes than 2015 even with many of the same players and it very possibly contributed to the weirdness.

That said, the 2000 team was on a roll and still had a tie game with 6:00 left in the 1st round, and things were tight against Auburn before they closed it out with a big run.

Hopefully this group can stay the course and continue the success that they've had in finding ways to win in tighter games.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
The three games in KC were all better. Add beating #2 Houston in January, and wins at TCU, at Texas, at Cinncy, and at UCF. Definitely not top 5 best games.

ISU's normal game beats them by 20.

Imo at least 10 B12 wins took better performances and then this weekend was the top 3.

Everyone can have different definitions of "better," but FWIW, Barttorvik's Game Score metric has the Iowa game as ISU's 4th best of the season (Link).

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Did you watch the Big 12 tournament by chance?

I'm hoping it continues but this trend looks like it got corrected very well.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
Sigh

You must not have watched a single minute of our game play from this weekend's Big 12 tourney championship...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We aren't overlooking anybody. If we lose, it won't be because of that.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Grambling #1 and Green Bay #3. I'll take that list with a grain of salt.
Beating any team by 50+ is impressive. Just like how beating New Hampshire by 15 or even DePaul by 19 isn't all that impressive, putting those two games towards the bottom of the list despite being double-digit wins.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Yea, about that…

Mims is from CR too. One of their guys, Charlie Easley, is likely a TJ guy too. He shoots 38% from three

I hate this matchup. Bunch of guys that will have giant chips on their shoulders

I went to high school with Mims. I think Keshon and Tamin will eat him alive

Reactions: aauummm

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Repeating but as the story goes when TJ is telling the players off in a in alcoholic infused rage the night before we can start to compare.

That said, that evening along with several 15/2 upsets since is/are fair reason to not just assume all will go accordingly.

This is a fun but very harsh annual sports week.
Alcohol Infused rages didn't end well back then either...

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Everyone can have different definitions of "better," but FWIW, Barttorvik's Game Score metric has the Iowa game as ISU's 4th best of the season (Link).
Haslametrics has it as the 6th best game

3 of the first 4 were higher, then the last two BigXII tourney games. The Houston game just edged out Grambling as the best of the year

(LINK)

Reactions: MJ271

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
South Dakota State turns it over a fair amount. 118th at 11.2 TO’s per game. 380 total.

UCF avg 14 opponents TO’s
ISU avg 18 opponents TO’s

If they gave UCF 16, we should get 20.
Transitive property in sports never fails.

Reactions: VeloClone

Devon

Mar 17, 2014
I sure did and enjoyed it from my couch. I didnt see our guards try the ridiculous shots like they did against K State. They played total “team” ball and it showed. Go Clones!

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Early in the season, they lost to KState by 23 and lost to UCF by 3. They're no push over, but I can see why there's a 16 point spread.

Help Support Us

Become a patron