Let’s talk Jackrabbits

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021

Don't really know anything about the Jackrabbits, but I recognize one of their players.

Luke Appel.

He's from Marshalltown. I covered his varsity basketball career (junior or senior year) when I was a sports reporter for the Marshalltown newspaper.

I was laid off from that position seven years ago.
T-R has had some tough times.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My parents live in the Omaha area. If I'm going to be able to go Thursday, I planned on staying at their place to save on a hotel.

My parents met at South Dakota State, and my dad is a SDSU alum.

They are no longer opening their home to me this week.

The curse of being in a family that takes BB and their teams seriously.
P.S. And I know you wouldn't have it any other way.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
One would have to guess none of them. TJ is in year three at ISU and was at UNLV for two years, so any of his recruits would have to be on year 6 at SDSU.

Yes, but TJ starts recruiting these guys in middle school. Heck, there could be SDSU commits who were recruited by TJ but haven't even enrolled yet.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Yes, but TJ starts recruiting these guys in middle school. Heck, there could be SDSU commits who were recruited by TJ but haven't even enrolled yet.
I had in my mind guys that actually played for him, not simply recruited by him. There are guys all over the NCAA who we recruited. Sure, these are a little different bc they may have signed with SDSU in November before he left in March.

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
I would love to see the team build a comfortable lead and then let the younger guys play and get some valuable experience. rest the regular players and get ready for a deep run, or Championship game. we play in the best conference, and we should expect great things from this team. The AP believes in us as a #4, UH Coach Sampson, who will be a HOF Coach believes we can make a run for it all, the team and coaches will take us far, if not all the way.

Reactions: Cyclones8824

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
To outright win. They were talking most likely to be upset based on ISUs tournament history and not much more.
Is this analysis while showing a graphic with an outline of Ohio and calling us The Potato State? That's the amount of research we usually get more than 2 states toward either coast.

They have to pull a hot take from somewhere. We've been wearing their doubt all season. No sense in changing now. Gotta prove them wrong.

Reactions: Cyclonick182

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Here's a different sort of analysis:

Statistically murky is how I would summarize it.

What's murky about the 2-15 analysis? It seems the only 2 seeds that get upset have lower defensive efficiency, and nobody this year meets that criteria. I would assume ISU is at or near the top of Bart Torvik defensive efficiency.

Reactions: aauummm and nrg4isu

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Looking into them a bit more, and I'm zeroed in on Zeke Mayo. He basically doesnt leave the court for them, plays 5 more minutes per game that even Keshon/Tamin do. He's obviously a good scorer, but man I feel pretty good that our guards can potentially have a field day there. They only played two high major games, K-State and UCF (w/o CJ Walker). In those games Mayo turned the ball over 13 times, 5 vs K-State and 8 vs UCF. Over the last two seasons, he's had 4+ TOs in 25 games (38% of games). 3+ TOs in 41 games (62% of games). And that's not facing our defence, Tamin/Keshon can likely turn him over 5+ times.