Let’s talk point guards

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Markquis Nowell, one of the best PGs in the big 12, had a stretch where he had 7, 6, 6, 5, 5 turnovers.

Jayson Tatum (All Star game MVP) had a 3 game stretch this year where he had 17 total turnovers and another 3 game stretch where he had 18 total turnovers, 9 in one game.

Lebron has had an 8 turnover and a 9 turnover game this year. Something Tamin hasn’t done this year.

MJ averaged more turnovers every year of his career than Tamin is averaging this year.

BUT! Tamin’s had 6 turnovers in back to back games. Blame the staff. Blame Tamin. Blame LeBron. True freshman Tamin Lipsey isn’t living up to ZRF’s standards - misewell throw in the towel on this season and try again next year.

Trying again sounds hard. Wouldn't it be better to shut it down and stop trying altogether?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Did you have this same energy 3 games ago when he only had 1 turnover vs OKST - arguably the best defensive team in our conference? Or how about the first time we played OKST when he had zero turnovers? Or what about our win vs KU when he only had 2 turnovers and almost had a triple double? Are you keeping this same energy when he’s had some great games, or do you only like to cherry pick and pile it on and dog the kid after 2 off games?

ZRF would have wanted Jamal Tinsley benched.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Take a look at Dajuan Harris, the PG for the national champion Kansas Jayhawks. Tamin (as a freshman) has nearly identical stats to Dajuan (a junior). They play winning basketball. Case closed. Tamin will be one of the winningest Cyclone basketball players of all time.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I didn’t even read all of this. No I’m not not a hawk fan. I’m seriously wondering who our pg for the future is lol. I get Tamin is a freshman… but there’s zero offense. Honestly I personally think Watson and Eli king will not be a cyclone next year ‍♂️
Zero offense my ass. There is nobody on the team better at driving to the hole and finishing over/undar/around size. He has gotten the team innumerable key buckets that way. He also is first in assists among all freshmen in the country.

There is more to offense than jumpshots.

• Agree
Reactions: IowaState88

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Is there a source that tracks turnovers forced by a defender? Lipsey seemed to force several OK turnovers at least.

Also did he steal this guy’s girlfriend?

• Haha
Reactions: JP4CY