Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, this is just the way it is. We take the best from the level below us (I'm sure St Bonaventure wasn't too happy about us taking two of their basketball players away), and in turn, programs above us take our best.
The Bonnies lost 4 starters to the portal last year I think.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I just told a friend that this news would blow the boards up. It has…conjecture away…

Seriously…none of us know why. I much prefer to see if something surfaces explaining it versus screaming and running around shouting “the sky is falling.“ BTW that’s code for “Fennelly should be fired…something is wrong!”

I look at other programs that are solid as examples. Use Maryland. What happened to them last year? Lots of departures including a now prize player at LSU.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Wow. Why? This leads to too much guessing by us fans. Horrible news with these ladies leaving.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
NOT GOOD. hopefully fritz and Ny don't leave.
or Emily. And they were getting a good bunch of Freshmen coming in to play with them. Are they thinking the ship would be broken with Soares not eligible and Ashley gone with so many rookies? Nah...can't be that can it? They are competitors.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
This absolutely sucks but not that surprising. I feel like Bill never utilized her enough on offense and she always seemed frustrated with certain players taking all the shots. Also, I won’t say her name but I just played basketball with a now former player who said a lot of the players do not like Bill and if you aren’t the best player on the team he barely even cares about you. I’d say there’s definitely problems within the program. For Lexi to leave when she was going to potentially be the teams leading scorer next year is ALARMING to say the least.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
She either wants to play for a team she thinks has a "chance" to win ight away as next years team will be really young OR there is truly something going on with WBB. This many transfers out, and not just this year, is hard to overlook.

This program has a ton of support and a strong fanbase. Who wouldnt want to play here unless you felt defeated in that locker-room.
Don’t forget the dreaded ’has her degree and is looking for a school with a MS program not offered by ISU’ take.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Is Bill retiring or something?
Let’s be honest, he probably should retire. He hit his ceiling a long time ago, and refuses to change to fix his deficiencies. Also,when was the last time you can say one of his teams exceeded expectations? They either meet expectations or fall below.

The man is an absolute legend and deserves to go out whenever he wants to, but it sure seems like it’s time. Let’s just hope that when it happens we don’t go the nepotism route to replace him. I can’t think of a single instance of replacing a legend with their kid has ever worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.