Liberty Bowl postgame thread

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
When you have a real good chance to win the final game of a season… and don’t… it hurts. Especially when you did not play anywhere near your best.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy and nrg4isu

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
My hope is that Pollard doesn't ever, under any circumstances accept an invite to play in the Liberty bowl if there is even the slightest chance the opponent is going to be Memphis. Been there done that twice and there is no need to ever, ever, ever do that again.
I hope we don’t have to go back to Memphis, regardless of opponent. Attendance numbers will drop off to nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Jdk and nrg4isu

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
My hope is that Pollard doesn't ever, under any circumstances accept an invite to play in the Liberty bowl if there is even the slightest chance the opponent is going to be Memphis. Been there done that twice and there is no need to ever, ever, ever do that again.
Agreed but I'd like to schedule them for a home game for a little revenge.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
My hope is that Pollard doesn't ever, under any circumstances accept an invite to play in the Liberty bowl if there is even the slightest chance the opponent is going to be Memphis. Been there done that twice and there is no need to ever, ever, ever do that again.A
Yeah, it was also weird playing Tulsa there after playing them earlier in the year.

While we didn't capitalize, drawing Clemson and ND was great. Glad we got Oregon.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I will disagree he is a below average recruiter.
He/his staff have been exceptional at finding diamonds in the rough that they in turn have developed into great college and or pro players. Montgomery, Rose, Kolar, Bailey, Enyi, Hummel, the Petersen boys, McDonald, Freyler etc. Plus despite Purdy and Breece having stars and offers, I don't think anyone saw them being the studs they were so quickly. They deserve credit for that.

BUT, we're still near the bottom of the conference recruiting rankings every year so we start every season needing these types to come through. And I don't see us getting much better than where we've been unless and until we start getting some horses on the o-line because that has been the 1 position group that has consistently let us down. Wanna get to double digit wins? Win some recruiting battles up front.

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
Unfortunately it would be a home and home.
Let’s get UNLV back on the horn.
Memphis isn't above a buy game but we don't come cheap. Norvell/FSU is paying Memphis 1.3 million to visit.

Memphis is also doing a home-home with Arkansas plus a 3rd game in Little Rock for 1 million.

so I dunno, 1 million for the buy game plus a home-home basketball contract and I'd sign that deal.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I get what you’re saying, and it has nothing to do with Memphis.

Our AD isn’t buying any games.

At All.

Otherwise we wouldn’t be traveling to Jonesbooogie in a Dry County.

Reactions: UofMemphis

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I get what you’re saying, and it has nothing to do with Memphis.

Our AD isn’t buying any games.

At All.

Otherwise we wouldn’t be traveling to Jonesbooogie in a Dry County.
Memphis isn't above a buy game but we don't come cheap. Norvell/FSU is paying Memphis 1.3 million to visit.

Memphis is also doing a home-home with Arkansas plus a 3rd game in Little Rock for 1 million.

so I dunno, 1 million for the buy game plus a home-home basketball contract and I'd sign that deal.
For tracking purposes:

The Iowa Hoks paid Arkansas State to play at home.

While we home and home with them.

It’s been an issue and I’m for Home and Home if they meet a certain criteria. Which I’ve argued before.

However, Jonesboro isn’t one of them.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I know it has been said on this site before but I think all power 5 future bowl games outta be played with non regular season starters.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron