Newton Ia
  • Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Seems to think the refs had a lot to do with their loss. Also everyone giving ou crap like they lost to a bad team

Poor guy. Refs are always so hard on OU. I can see why they are so mad. I feel bad for them.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Seems to think the refs had a lot to do with their loss. Also everyone giving ou crap like they lost to a bad team

He might have a point about the refs...if they hadn’t been busily screwing over the Cyclones at the same time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He's not crying too badly. He said the kick return was the biggest play of the game. The fact is whatever side lost was going to be complaining about the officials. They threw a ton of flags. And if the roles were reversed ISU fans would be losing their minds over that play on the interception. Who knows if the hold made a difference in the play, but there was enough there to throw a flag IMO, and definitely enough to set a fanbase off. But them's the brakes. OU got away with a lot in the game too.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019

Lot of the question from the Journalist seems to be slanted against the refs also. To be honest there were lot of missed calls on both sides and lot of terrible calls. Shockingly the big 12 refs screwed over OU this time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Officials were equally bad on both sides. OU was blatantly getting away with holding Bailey on nearly every play.

I really don't like how officiating is going across college football. Games all day yesterday were just painful to watch. People don't tune in to watch officials after every play gather together and discuss the flag.... then go to review and stand in front of the camera for 5 mins. It's just gotten ridiculous.

They literally are examining HD video frame by frame, pixel by pixel, to see if a hit was helmet to helmet or not? It's just stupid.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Officials were equally bad on both sides. OU was blatantly getting away with holding Bailey on nearly every play.

I really don't like how officiating is going across college football. Games all day yesterday were just painful to watch. People don't tune in to watch officials after every play gather together and discuss the flag.... then go to review and stand in front of the camera for 5 mins. It's just gotten ridiculous.

They literally are examining HD video frame by frame, pixel by pixel, to see if a hit was helmet to helmet or not? It's just stupid.
Yeah, I don't think OU was called for holding once, their right tackle was getting away with everything.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He's not crying too badly. He said the kick return was the biggest play of the game. The fact is whatever side lost was going to be complaining about the officials. They threw a ton of flags. And if the roles were reversed ISU fans would be losing their minds over that play on the interception. Who knows if the hold made a difference in the play, but there was enough there to throw a flag IMO, and definitely enough to set a fanbase off. But them's the brakes. OU got away with a lot in the game too.
I get it but a head coach Oklahoma University is never ever going to deserve an ounce of sympathy. Someone should print off a massive screen shot of Pettway getting absolutely assaulted in the end zone last year and put it on a big stake in Riley’s front yard. Cry me a freakin river.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We will have arrived as a program when we get away with holding on a game-winning play at the end of a game. Having the Oklahoma coach gripe about the calls is a step in that direction. They have benefitted so many times from good calls at the ends of games.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This was a beautiful thing to listen to. I laughed when he said at the end that you don't know how hard it is to lose until you've been through. Well no ****, Lincoln. The talking about how close they were to winning last night was pretty funny because that is the same stuff we do when Iowa State loses. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Very little talk about Iowa State being any good.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This was a beautiful thing to listen to. I laughed when he said at the end that you don't know how hard it is to lose until you've been through. Well no ****, Lincoln. The talking about how close they were to winning last night was pretty funny because that is the same stuff we do when Iowa State loses. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Very little talk about Iowa State being any good.
Couple that with how much Matt kept saying we didn’t actually play all that well. Wonder how those comments sat with them.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We will have arrived as a program when we get away with holding on a game-winning play at the end of a game. Having the Oklahoma coach gripe about the calls is a step in that direction. They have benefitted so many times from good calls at the ends of games.
Au contraire, my friend.

We will have arrived as a program when we don’t have to rely on holding for a game-winning play at the end of the game.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
That's the difference between a coach who plays for national titles and one who doesn't imo. There are things you influence but don't control. You have to pay attention to how refs are calling games and adjust. ******** about it doesn't do much for you, it just tries to get you pity.
So glad we have a coach who teaching players to anticipate adversity and just keep playing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Well, I mean, Eisworth got away with holding on the game-sealing INT. Does that mean we have arrived as a program? :jimlad: