Linebackers

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I was reading the write up on the position group and Chandler Pulvermacher wasn’t listed. I guess I didn’t know if he was still on the team? Any info?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I think it was discussed a week or two ago that he had left the team. Not sure which thread it was in, either a thread about the 2020 roster or one of Nate's "TARGET" threads.

EDIT: OK, jdcyclone19 posted on March 15 that Pulvermacher was no longer listed on the roster. It was in the thread regarding Jaeveyon Morton entering the transfer portal.

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Campbell has been bringing in a higher level of recruits than what ISU has seen in a long time. Therefore its going to take less time for these higher ranked kids to make a difference and get on the field.
Look at the Oline, while few have started, I expect to see a better line this year then in the past, these kids are just better athletes then the ones they are replacing as a unit.

Reactions: Aclone and aauummm

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
No experienced depth, but there will be capable bodies.

Aric Horne is a RS Freshman next year. Gerry Vaughn will be a RS Soph. Dae'Shawn Davis is a true Freshman. Cole Pedersen will be a true Freshman, same as Hunter Zenzen and Ar'Quel Smith. That's a lot of youth and inexperience behind our starters, but CMC I'm sure will get those kids on the field next year to develop their skills and get ready for 2021.

I wouldn't expect Rose or Vance to leave after their junior years, not that they aren't talented, but NFL linebackers are just so big and fast and strong, I think it is a hard move for a college kid. But, since you never know, the coaches will need to have a contingency plan with our younger players. History has shown that CMC and his staff handle these situations well, getting young players ready to step up when called on, IMO.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Aric Horne is a RS Freshman next year. Gerry Vaughn will be a RS Soph. Dae'Shawn Davis is a true Freshman. Cole Pedersen will be a true Freshman, same as Hunter Zenzen and Ar'Quel Smith. That's a lot of youth and inexperience behind our starters, but CMC I'm sure will get those kids on the field next year to develop their skills and get ready for 2021.

I wouldn't expect Rose or Vance to leave after their junior years, not that they aren't talented, but NFL linebackers are just so big and fast and strong, I think it is a hard move for a college kid. But, since you never know, the coaches will need to have a contingency plan with our younger players. History has shown that CMC and his staff handle these situations well, getting young players ready to step up when called on, IMO.
Davis will be a true sophomore this Fall. I believe he played at Iowa Western and used a year of eligibility.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So if Rose or Vance leave early after this fall, we have no depth at LB...

Not great but we have had great LB play since Veidt has been in Ames
We have a full season to develop additional depth before than.

And as much as I like those two, I’m not sure that eithet has “leaving early” talent. NFL linebackers have a lot of speed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was reading the write up on the position group and Chandler Pulvermacher wasn’t listed. I guess I didn’t know if he was still on the team? Any info?
I heard that Flansburg had injury problems. No
Idea on Pulvermacher. His absence seems unusual since CMC said after the season he’d be contending for the open spot.

interestingly, it looks like they might move Rose back inside, and Vance to Will. According to whoever wrote the article, anyway.

https://cyclones.com/news/2020/3/25/football-position-preview-the-linebackers.aspx

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
We have a full season to develop additional depth before than.

And as much as I like those two, I’m not sure that either has “leaving early” talent. NFL linebackers have a lot of speed.
I am sure that they don’t. Rose is a great all around LB, and Vance is a good pass rushing LB. Neither of them have the ability to make the jump after next year. I wouldn’t expect Vance to be drafted at all to be honest, good college player with some limitations in his all around skill set. Rose seems like a 2nd-5th round pick to me.

Last edited: