Lipsey and Williams, next year

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
We're going to have to get points from the paint next year. So having two pg's that can deliver the ball to the post would be a huge advantage. That would allow for the post guys to not have to be restricted to whatever side the of is running the offense from. If a guy gets position on the weak side, it's a simple pass around the perimeter and deliver the ball in at a good angle.
Doesn’t work that way unfortunately. If neither guard can shoot, the defense will sag off the three point line and pack the paint. We can’t afford to have two ball-handlers that can’t shoot. I’m hopeful that won’t be the case though. Lots of time to improve.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Some guys just have “it” and Lipsey is in that group- he will improve enough to be a threat to make 2 a game which is the key- as long as the scouting report says he’s a threat and you can’t play 8’ off of him like this year it will stretch the defense and help the spacing. He’ll improve because he knows what he needs to do and will put the work in. He’s a winner.
I agree. Lipsey is going to start the next 3 years. No matter who else TJ brings in. And he'll improve his game every year. I doubt he is ever a knock down shooter that is hitting 40%, but he'll be good enough that teams have to respect his shot and not sag off. We saw him start hitting a floater and pull up late in the season. He's only going to get better.

Williams...depends on how he recovers from the injury and who we bring in through the portal. Assuming a near full recovery, at worst he is a backup PG and at best he starts at SG and slides over to PG when Lipsey is out.