Living in or near Bondurant

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
Please share your experiences, both good and bad, about living in or around the community.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Watch for cops on the road between Bondurant and Ankeny. The speed limit drops considerably as you enter Bondurant and I see people get pulled over quite a bit.

I live in Altoona, but was out of town when we had "Beggars Night". I got in town the following day, so I took my daughter to Bondurant to Trick-or-Treat. Definitely more kids out there than I've seen here in Altoona (I live in Venbury sub-division for reference).

Seems like a nice town, I noticed a lot of ISU decorations as we were walking.
Seems to be a nice small town.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would think that the property taxes would be cheaper than some of the other suburbs. That couple that won the lottery also seem to have donated some money to the school district so I would think that would be nice.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Been here for 10 years. Can't complain. Taxes are the same as Ankeny (which annoys people)
Bedroom town, Great schools. There are 5 year tax abatement's available.
Not a lot of business in town, but Altoona and Ankeny are just a couple mins away. I always joked that it takes me less time to get to Target from where I live now then when I lived in Ankeny.
Lots of sheriff presence in town which is actually nice if you think about it.

One thing I have noticed about towns like Ankeny, Altoona, Bondurant etc.. you almost feel lost and out of place until you get involved or have kids in activities because there are so many new people that have migrated from somewhere else. For example a town like Carroll....Your relatives relatives live there. Everyone loves High school sports and grew up that way. So the first couple years was hard, but now I think its great.

Sports wise....New football stadium going up. we are a growing community that is Class 3A.
My 3 kids class sizes are 160 and 152 and I think 140.

PM me if you want any other info on schools, churches etc...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron