Looking for a Boston Hotel

cyjones75

Aug 24, 2012
Ames area
Just booked a trip in late June to Boston. We plan to spend most of our time in and around downtown so we can walk to sites and take the subway, such as to Fenway. Any hotel suggestions for downtown, especially properties that don't cost a mint? We have considered staying right across the river in Cambridge and walking across the bridge.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
In Boston will be pricey.

Have you thought of staying outside of town and taking the bus, since you're already thinking of the subway?

I stayed in Lexington for a week a couple years ago. Transportation was simple with the bus/subway during the week. Weekends are rough, because they (MBTA) aren't real clear on their weekend routes to Lexington.

to2extreme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 9, 2008
My wife and I were just in Boston for the Boston Marathon (watching a friend run). We stayed at HILTON BOSTON FANEUIL HALL. Was a bit pricier due to being the Boston Marathon, but normally don't think it is too expensive. Was within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Is a decent walk to Fenway, but along the way there are historical sites, so breaks up the walk. Cabs are easy to get and doesn't take long to get around.