Looks like a good place to chill...

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Ahhh yes, a place where I can channel my inner CY and be surrounded by people who think the same! Although I have only been reading front page stories and skimming threads, I have decided to finally join the ranks of other cyclone faithful. I hope to learn more about all of you in the future, but for now, here's a little about me.

- Name: Keith

- Born and raised in Harlan, IA (the OTHER Cyclone country)!

- Currently have the displeasure of living in the heart of Husker country, with the Nebraska Toxic Waste Disposal Site (which they prefer to call Memorial Stadium) a mere 10 minute drive from my house. Anybody willing to put my wife and I in a room for a short time so we can relocate back to the area would be much appreciated.

- Spent two years in Community College (Iowa Western and Kirkwood) before coming to Iowa State in 2004; graduated in 2007 with a B.S. Degree in Community and Regional Planning. Activities included College of Design's Career Days (Tech Support Chair) and Frederiksen Court Community Council Member/Secretary.

- My family had absolutely no college football allegiance, or even favorite team before I graced the lands of ISU. Now, my parents are at least moderate cyclone supporters and becoming bigger and bigger fans of ol' Cardinal and Gold each year!

Looking forward to meeting all of you as well! GO STATE!

Reactions: chadm

CONEClone

Dec 16, 2009
Ames
You went to Kirkwood and aren't a Hawk fan? I suppose there's a first time for everything... :jimlad:

:jimlad: = sarcasm

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I like to think that eastern iowa likes the Hawkeyes, central iowa likes the Cyclones, western iowa is a free-for-all...or at least anybody who beats Nebraska.:yes:

At least I went to the Cedar Rapids campus...

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
Welcome aboard, Keith! Robert (brother bob) here.

You have just entered the cyclonefanatic zone...Don't dispair - it truly is a lot of fun!

Addictive? Yes. Bad for your health? Well that depends upon your wife and her willingness to let you visit as often as I do. Bad for my health? Yes, because my wife hates it when I come here...Could be worse I tell her, at least it's not the local bar/club and it's not like I'm doing something naughty.

Here you will find lots of different people. You have your loyal fans, your casual fans, some hok fans, and even some trolls.

OH,BEWARE OF THE TROLLS! And for what it's worth, don't feed the trolls. This will only keep them around with total stupidity to follow. There are several fanatics here who can sniff a troll out within the first few words or lines and it amazes me when they do this...attacks can get brutal.

So with that said...or typed, welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron