Lua brewing introduces THC/CBD beverage

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
A lot of nuance to the vote with this one. A vote that doesn’t look “right”, or the way one might think a person would vote given their background (or affiliation), is probably because of that nuance.
Right. There were Republicans who think it didn’t go far enough and Democrats who thought it went too far, and they’re both “nay” votes.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
this is total speculation, and I could easily be 100% wrong. And I probably am.

But, I wonder if the marijuana lobby may be involved in putting their support for this bill. I’m guessing they want full legalization of the real stuff, not this hemp crap.

again, I’m probably wrong.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Lua owner on Reddit made this comment. Good news
"We make it. We don’t physically put it in the can, at least not yet, but we do everything else.

We’ll keep making it in accordance with the updated laws."

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
this is total speculation, and I could easily be 100% wrong. And I probably am.

But, I wonder if the marijuana lobby may be involved in putting their support for this bill. I’m guessing they want full legalization of the real stuff, not this hemp crap.

again, I’m probably wrong.
Doubtful. But the Small Business Administration should have been all over this thing considering the jobs involved. I doubt they touched it either.

• Agree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Man, the Barn Town slander in here is wild. It’s literally one of the top rated breweries in the US and y’all are shitting on it like it’s hot garbage.
Top rated in the US by who? Literally no one called it garbage, I’m just not that into sours which is what they do best.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've never had a bad beer at Barntown, and I think their food is excellent. I just think Lua, Confluence, and Alluvial are better breweries within the same general market. I don't care for pastry/fruit kettle sours much, and I'm a little bored by hazebro IPAs (but I like them).

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
FWIW from the best that I can tell the senate did not pick it up, today is another funnel deadline and they are adjourned until Monday. So, unless I missed something or they find a way to add it into something else budget related it should be dead for the year.

Reactions: ClonerJams

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
FWIW from the best that I can tell the senate did not pick it up, today is another funnel deadline and they are adjourned until Monday. So, unless I missed something or they find a way to add it into something else budget related it should be dead for the year.
Yes/No.

You are correct - the senate didn't pick it up yesterday, but the senate and house never meet on Fridays. Per a buddy, since variations of the bill have made it through a committee in both the house and senate it's essentially "funnel proof" and will sit in unfinished business.

Last edited:

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Man, the Barn Town slander in here is wild. It’s literally one of the top rated breweries in the US and y’all are shitting on it like it’s hot garbage.
Yes this conversation I think is a matter of preference not “best”. The taste profile they can get with their sours is crazy cool but that kind of beer isn’t for everyone.

Lots of people think something “sucks” because they don’t like that particular thing.

Reactions: MJ29

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Lua owner on Reddit made this comment. Good news
"We make it. We don’t physically put it in the can, at least not yet, but we do everything else.

We’ll keep making it in accordance with the updated laws."

This means once they bring the canning in house, they'll be able to set up for these restrictions and can accordingly.

• Informative
Reactions: ClonerJams