Maddie Poppe Clarksville IA

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
Well idk how many of you follow american idol but a girl from the state of Iowa just won it. I personally know her and shes not only a great talent but even better person! it' s a pretty neat feat for the state as a whole . (BY THE WAY THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN STAND TO WATCH)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I didn't know anything about it until the final when HS friends started to post about her. Turns out that I grew up with her cousins (3rd cousins or so).

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I had seen that an Iowan was making it through pretty far. Good for her. Although American Idol is not the powerhouse show it used to be

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
The farther she went the more we paid attention. She has a great voice, seems to have a great personality that is down to earth, is attractive (lets face it...as sad as may be it matters when it comes to these kind of things) and is just all around likeable. Last week they flew (and by flew I mean private jet) the top 3 home for stuff in their hometown (time with local ABC affiliate so KCRG in her case, a parade and a concert) and then aired it during Sunday nights show.

Once it got down to two they announced that her and the guy who got second were actually dating so she got more than a winnings out of the deal.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Thought it was pretty cool to watch and to cheer her on. Just a really talented, nice gal, that seemed genuinely sincere when thanking everyone. I felt that her and Caleb were clearly the best of the final 10. As with a lot of these types of shows, there were a couple people that seemed to go a lot further than they should have.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
But she is a Hawkeye according to Twitter hoks posting on JP's tweet.

I still don't understand why so many Hawk fans follow JP.

I rated winner because of this. It was a lot of fun to follow her through this, really unique and refreshing voice. Also seems impossible not to like her. BTW is Katy P drunk all the time or just a really weird/strange individual?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Hopefully JP realizes that when you're "the" American Idol, you don't need to sing covers anymore. No Sweet Caroline for Maddie, please.
BTW, I lived in Clarksville for a few years growing up and I remember going to Poppe's grocery store.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I rated winner because of this. It was a lot of fun to follow her through this, really unique and refreshing voice. Also seems impossible not to like her. BTW is Katy P drunk all the time or just a really weird/strange individual?

It says a lot about that judges panel when she's the 2nd most irritating one. Luke Bryan just bugs the crap out of me. Lionel Richie has to be wondering how he ended up with those two clowns.

I didn't watch a minute of AI in real time until her segment Sunday night and last night when they were announcing the winner, but I've seen some clips on Facebook and local news coverage. Obviously her return to Clarksville and the concert at the Butler Co. Fairgrounds was a big deal. She seems like a good kid from a good family and someone you have no problem with your kids looking up to so I'm happy for her, her family, and the community. Clarksville represented themselves very well and it's nice for them to be known for something besides flooding and shrinking school enrollment.

I haven't been to Pete and Shorty's for a beer in years, but I might have to swing down sometime this summer.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I dated her cousin in high school #coolstorybro

tenor.gif