Maddie Poppe Clarksville IA

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Great story! Went to see her hometown concert in Allison. Was wowed by her and the tremendous turnout! (Had to park near Casey’s and walk to fairgrounds.) Anyone know what the estimated attendance was?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
If anyone went to the Bike Expo this early spring at the Iowa Events Center/HyVee Hall I believe that was her singing on the tiny little stage that was set up on one end amongs the vendors.

When I walked by, maybe half dozen or so people bothered to stand there and listen to her....most were too busy looking at the all biking vendors and milling around and just visiting with each other.

I remember thinking she had a great voice.

Funny the difference a few months makes in a person's life.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
But she is a Hawkeye according to Twitter hoks posting on JP's tweet.

I still don't understand why so many Hawk fans follow JP.

Well she is a student at Hawkeye community college so technically correct

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If anyone went to the Bike Expo this early spring at the Iowa Events Center/HyVee Hall I believe that was her singing on the tiny little stage that was set up on one end amongs the vendors.

When I walked by, maybe half dozen or so people bothered to stand there and listen to her....most were too busy looking at the all biking vendors and milling around and just visiting with each other.

I remember thinking she had a great voice.

Funny the difference a few months makes in a person's life.

Same thing happened at the North Iowa Fair last summer. Estimates that there were about 3 dozen people at her concert that night just 10 months ago.

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_64f5feed-bb54-5800-a26c-9a0d82fa5ffc.html

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Well she is a student at Hawkeye community college so technically correct

Sounds like parents are Iowa State grads according to the ISU Alumni News Flash

AN IDOL TITLE
In its first season on ABC, the revived hit reality singing competition American Idol has crowned its winner: 20-year-old Maddie Poppe of Clarksville, Iowa – daughter of ISU alumni Trent (’93 community & regional planning) and Tonya (’92 psychology) Poppe, who also celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary Wednesday.

“Thank you, America, for being so good to our little girl,” Trent Poppe said in a video message played on Good Morning America Tuesday following his daughter’s win.

Help Support Us

Become a patron