Madness Thread, Official and Everything!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just watched from half to the end. I don't think there was enough contact to call a foul on Jesperson but because they called it they should have probably called the foul when Washpun was pinned in the corner for the trap because the defenders literally bumped him out.

Regardless, there was a stretch from just under 7 minutes to the timeout around 4:30 where Washpun killed possession after possession by holding the ball and settling for poor shot selection. Morgan, who had a hell of a game, did the same thing in second OT. UNI needed to keep the rhythm going on offense, especially if you're not going to play transition defense at all like that.

I agree. Jespersen basically drew a Niang foul trying to get out of the way, and 90% of the time in normal play, the amount of pushing they did with Washpun would get a foul. Hard to say the refs are to blame though, as so many parts of that disaster were UNI's fault.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Yea, I think we beat them at Virginia and they reneged on the other end of the home and home a few years ago? Or was that somebody else?

We played Virginia here, with the Stinson-Blalock team, Rashon Clark had a massive dunk in that game.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We played Virginia here, with the Stinson-Blalock team, Rashon Clark had a massive dunk in that game.

Yea, I think we also played there early in the Hoiberg years, and as Erik said, when they reneged on the home and home, we filled the slot with BYU.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys. Only 7 hours until more madness.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron