Man Colds

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Feels like we've been living in a cesspool of cold viruses for 1.5 months now.

Nothing all that bad, just annoying as heck. I always hope this means its over come winter, but it rarely seems to work out that way.

Reactions: chadly82

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Youngest was coughing and had a scratchy throat (back drainage most likely) for about 2 weeks. Almost over it now. I've been popping sudafed to open up the sinus cavities, seems to be plenty of strep going around and that is common for me so I jump on stuff fast now when I get stuffy.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
At the risk of bringing on hate, I have gone just about 4 years without a cold. I used to get at least a winter cold and a summer cold every year.

Reactions: Letterkenny

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I’ve got the worst hacky cough with fever and chills I’ve had in a long time, I’ve got 2 kids in daycare so go figure. Went to urgent care to get tested for everything, all negative, urgent care doc says lots of this **** going around now with no official diagnosis. Prednisone and mucinex helping me feel a little better but this cough is something else. I coughed so hard a couple times while driving I damn near blacked out. Pulled over at that point and just walked around for a minute to make sure I wasn’t having a stroke or something.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
I’ve got the worst hacky cough with fever and chills I’ve had in a long time, I’ve got 2 kids in daycare so go figure. Went to urgent care to get tested for everything, all negative, urgent care doc says lots of this **** going around now with no official diagnosis. Prednisone and mucinex helping me feel a little better but this cough is something else. I coughed so hard a couple times while driving I damn near blacked out. Pulled over at that point and just walked around for a minute to make sure I wasn’t having a stroke or something.

The cough I had was horrible, and it lasted two weeks. Prednisone and antibiotics seem to have it under control. I know how you feel, I thought i was going to cough up a lung one night. Hopefully you get better soon. I hate to say this, but we need some cold weather to kill off some of the germs floating around right now.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
At the risk of bringing on hate, I have gone just about 4 years without a cold. I used to get at least a winter cold and a summer cold every year.
That was me. Until Saturday. Chest cold and sinus drainage with tickle cough. About through it now.

Cancelled the funeral. Lost the deposit on the casket, but better to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt and urb1

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
****, you'd be listed as day-to-day at this point. May God have mercy on your soul. I've always enjoyed you on here, but everything must come to an end.

Thank you. I had a good run, but like you said, nothing lasts forever.
Just bury me in a nice box of Puffs Plus so I've got the good stuff right up until the very end.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Jer

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The best cure for a cold I have found is not eating for three days.
Cold just goes right away.