Market for KU tickets

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did anyone buy/sell tickets at Hilton last night? I only saw a half dozen scalpers as I walked in and one person buying. The snow probably had an effect. Surprised at the empty seats high in the balcony.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Did anyone buy/sell tickets at Hilton last night? I only saw a half dozen scalpers as I walked in and one person buying. The snow probably had an effect. Surprised at the empty seats high in the balcony.

There were many more sellers than buyers at 7:40 when we walked in. I almost stopped to ask what they were going for out of curiosity. I think I heard someone talking $30 in a negotiation as I walked by.

I'd guess the snow really cut down on the walk up and scalp crowd.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
It looks like the cheapest recent sale on StubHub has been $80.

These two tickets did not sell (were empty). Those two seats did not sell for Oklahoma either.
With it being an 8PM, we chose not to take our kids and sold 2 of our 4 seats. We sold 3-4 weeks ago at $150/ticket to Cyclone fans.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
These two tickets did not sell (were empty). Those two seats did not sell for Oklahoma either.
With it being an 8PM, we chose not to take our kids and sold 2 of our 4 seats. We sold 3-4 weeks ago at $150/ticket to Cyclone fans.

Do you know they didn't sell because they were yours? It is possible that someone just used the tickets to get into the building and then sat somewhere else.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Do you know they didn't sell because they were yours? It is possible that someone just used the tickets to get into the building and then sat somewhere else.

We used our two seats and sold the other two seats that our kids usually sit in.

The two seats I mentioned were empty. I suppose I cannot say with certainty that they did not sell. Those 2 seats and 2 seats in section 237 row 12 are often empty.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We used our two seats and sold the other two seats that our kids usually sit in.

The two seats I mentioned were empty. I suppose I cannot say with certainty that they did not sell. Those 2 seats and 2 seats in section 237 row 12 are often empty.

I've also seen a few seats that seem to be empty almost all the time. When someone sits in them, I try to ask what's up, but have never been able to find out. Someday, someone is going to just hand me the rest of their tickets for season. I can hope, can't I?