Denver, CO
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_04451.gif
    IMG_04451.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 259

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Let me start by saying the U of I PR/Marketing department is terrible. They consistently make awful decisions. Thank god they don't make cheesy *** videos like this one though: http://youtu.be/m-GytXSotEA

[video=youtube;5Kei6ll2vog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kei6ll2vog&feature=player_detailpage[/video] levi peters at the beginning of this video also

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
The Dancing with the Cyclone Stars was another Cy's House of Trivia video. One of the questions in one round dealt with the lyrics of Ice, Ice Baby, so the video tied in with that.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
It's just a lame video no matter what way you slice it. Doesn't really matter to me what it was for.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
They do silly videos. The Fennelly was is better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZdKtay8wvw

Good grief. I mean I guess if that's what you are going for then that's fine. Just seems to me like they would do better to create some legit hype videos that get you pumped for Cyclone athletics. Maybe that's not easy for a sport like football where you haven't had a ton of success, but you can still find highlights and edit them together to make a cool video. I don't really even find these funny. I think they are just embarrassing.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Good grief. I mean I guess if that's what you are going for then that's fine. Just seems to me like they would do better to create some legit hype videos that get you pumped for Cyclone athletics. Maybe that's not easy for a sport like football where you haven't had a ton of success, but you can still find highlights and edit them together to make a cool video. I don't really even find these funny. I think they are just embarrassing.

These videos do not get put on TV, and they are not meant to pump up the fan base. Every year for Cy's House of Trivia, there is an assortment of videos just like this, which I agree with you are incredibly cheesy. Never the less, you're a Hawk fan, so they are in no way meant to humor you. You can go back to watching you're basketball players dance and sing to "bird is the word".

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa

Lighten up, Francis.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
These videos corresponded with certain questions for a trivia contest to make people chuckle. The Levi Peters video was in the movie quotes category. They don't serve any other "Marketing" purpose.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

The only thing embarrassing about this thread is the person who thought they were marketing videos and even after finding out he was wrong is to dumb to back off it

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Can't blame section110... He's a hawkeye fan, which is just a step up from being mentally handicapped.

Help Support Us

Become a patron