For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Just watched The Marvels since it came to Disney+ and I have to say, I thought it was pretty good. Aside from a couple of things and mostly the villain (tale as old as time at this point), it was a fun movie.

Brie to me really did MUCH better as Captain Marvel in this one and showed a little more character development and emotion.

And the badass women super hero thing was done well throughout instead of the typical bashing upside the head with cringy moments like the final battle in Endgame.

Reactions: CycloneEggie

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
To nerds like me he's hugely important. Not being comic book accurate really sucks. IMO, the MCU downfall began when they drastically over powered Captain Marvel.

The downfall began when they tried to elevate a completely boring character like Captain Marvel to the A squad.

Before I gave a bunch of my comics away I probably had 1000 issues of Marvel comics in my house. If one featured The Sentry I don't remember it.

Edit: Trust me, I'll put my nerd bona fides up against anybody. Getting precious about The Sentry to me is like getting precious about somebody from Alpha Flight or The Thunderbirds.

Last edited:
Reactions: bos

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
To nerds like me he's hugely important. Not being comic book accurate really sucks. IMO, the MCU downfall began when they drastically over powered Captain Marvel.
Sentry is a god-like hero that is entirely problematic in his super hero form. He's a bit like Doctor Manhattan or Omni Man in that regard. There's almost nothing he can't do. The fact the power resides inside of a broken human is the most interesting thing about him, so if they deviate from that, I understand the reservations.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
The downfall began when they tried to elevate a completely boring character like Captain Marvel to the A squad.

Before I gave a bunch of my comics away I probably had 1000 issues of Marvel comics in my house. If one featured The Sentry I don't remember it.

Edit: Trust me, I'll put my nerd bona fides up against anybody. Getting precious about The Sentry to me is like getting precious about somebody from Alpha Flight or The Thunderbirds.
Dude, the Sentry is literally the one who stops Hulk in World War Hulk. He's an important character.

Agree on Captain Marvel, although Iron Man was not an A lister either.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I did recently see both Echo and Madame Web recently and found both to be quite bad. Echo at least started out ok, but man did it end poorly. I found the finale to be atrocious. I also very much resent both the Echo series and the Hawkeye series for what they have done with the Kingpin and hope they can somehow resuscitate the terrifying Kingpin we all grew to love from the Daredevil series. As for Madame Web, yes, it is bad. There is no getting around that, but I at least found myself enjoying certain parts of it. Granted, I said the same thing about Morbius and find Morbius to be quite a bit better than people make it out to be, even though it isn't a good movie. With that said, I thought Morbius was better than Madame Web. Take all that for what it is worth. Also, I can definitely see why they almost silently slid in the whole Echo series dropping all at once, with not a lot of marketing fanfare. They knew what they had.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Reactions: Cloned4Life

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Seriously no one on her posted this yet I'm surprised and thought I'd come and see what people think about it. I just don't think I can get nearly as excited as I used to.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Seriously no one on her posted this yet I'm surprised and thought I'd come and see what people think about it. I just don't think I can get nearly as excited as I used to.

He's dead, or are we just gonna make nothing matter with the multiverse?

What was the last good marvel movie? Doctor Strange was pretty meh.

• Agree
Reactions: FOREVERTRUE

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Anyone watch X-Men 97 yet?

IMHO the original 90s series (that has been on Disney+ a while) is still a top 5 thing ever from Marvel pretty easily. Other than maybe "Invincible" that original series is the closest we've ever had to a comic book being exactly translated to a movie/show. Probably because both were created by the same teams that created the comics and neither tried to change the look of the comic art at all.

2000 X-Men movie is what got this whole thing rolling and that early to mid 90s X-Men animated series success (and comics sales of that era) is what probably most led to the film. Really most of these "MCU" properties were kind of in the garbage bin in that era in terms of their value compared to X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman and a handful of independents that have since faded but were massive at that time.

For video game fans it was also really cool that they used all the original series voice actors for the Capcom arcade games in the 90s and early 00s. The Wolverine voice especially from the show and those games was just incredible, but really I loved all the original cast even though Storm's voice was so corny.