Matt and Ken check your facts

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Exactly. It will say alot about the Big 10 if they dont handle Nebraska like the south did.
with the exception that Nebbie was 'down' for a good piece of their latter participation in the b12. that would throw some question into the analysis...no?

krustysponge

Apr 29, 2009
crapland
I confronted Matt with facts and he didn't let those get in the way of his 'take'. Again, take Matt's word on what he knows: being 33, Creighton, things that start with BOSTO-, and Seattle(oops). When you start asking him to step into the realm of much else...he is in the deep end. It is ok-don't argue with the dude on the stuff he doesn't know about he will argue with you, hang up, or and accuse you of saying something he didn't say(facts are a sore spot with him).

I am ashamed(giggle, giggle) to be a Celtic fan (giggle, giggle, giggle) when u have to share it with elitist know it alls (giggle, stutter, giggle) like two east coast hosts. R they not good enough for their home markets?

Last edited:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Second day in a row that Mike Gundy gets brought up in a thread. Actually wouldn't a better rant for this thread but the Dennis Green and his whole, "They are who we thought they were."

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
It's no contest. The Big 12 has better football than everyone except the SEC. The only arguments could be for positions 3-6 amongst BCS conferences.

that's why the lil' 10 wanted no part of us. we'd run the table. watching NU do it will make me want to cry.

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City
Last year Iowa and Ohio St would have went 7-1 in the Big 12

Only Texas was better and I am not sure how much better

The Big 10 won 2 BCS games and beat LSU in the Cap 1 game

We are talking a lot of smack for a team that got beat 35-3

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Exactly. It will say alot about the Big 10 if they dont handle Nebraska like the south did.

No it won't. Everything is different at NU. New players, coaching staffs, ect... The variables are not constant. NU appears to be getting stronger so when comparing how NU does in the Big 10 to how they did in the Big 12 is not a fair or accurate measurement.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

With Colt, Texas is the national champion. It is that simple. Bama lucked out in that game in that they did not have to deal with one of the best players in college football on the field. Texas was a whole lot better. Also, don't forget OU had their star plaer hurt last year too. As I said in my initial post, the Big 10 made strides last year, but I really think most of the Big 10 would have been outclassed by Texas Tech, Okie State, Mizzou (once again they slaughtered Illinois) and Nebraska. Before last year though, the Big 10 was really struggling. I mean, Wisconsin almost lost to Cal Poly for goodness sake. Really, at the end of the day both conferences are good. Both are power conferences and neither league is a cake walk to play in. The Big 10 just got better by adding a surging up and coming program like NU. For a college football fan both leagues will be fun to watch, I can't wait!

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA

CycloneJoe,

We all know that you are a Hawk fan with a Cyclone screen name on a message board. Very sneaky and clever. Congratulations. Please never, ever refer to ISU as "we" again. For example.. "We Are Done Going to Bowls" is not appropriate.

Thanks,
CF

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City
Ok since I am an Iowa fan

Iowa was 11-0 when Stanzi played more than 2 quarters

I hate Neb they are on the up swing but I really think we can beat them this year.

They still have no offense

Our big problem is going to be defense can we stop people?

We are still fkd if we have to play 9 conf games

Iowa would also hate 9 cfn games it sucks!