Matt and Miller going off about Jamie Pollard

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Well then let me ask YOU...HOW MANY BOWL GAMES HAVE YOU WENT TO SINCE THE GREAT JAMIE ....FIRED DAN MCCARNEY????

Well lets see...NONE plus your sporting a ten game losing streak!!!

Maybe this is the next level the great jamie was talking about!!:biglaugh:

Great question and answer.

And you forgot to ask how many NCAA tournaments we have been to since the great Jamie fired Wayne Morgan? The answer is also none but we have had three straight losing seasons and the joy of a home loss to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits.

I guess "the next big step" that Jamie was selling has something to do with making us the butt of jokes on every campus from Lincoln to Lubbock. I just don't know what all his fundraising was for -- it should cost less, not more, to make us suck as much as we have since he gutted and rebuilt most of our major sports programs.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

And you forgot to ask how many NCAA tournaments we have been to since the great Jamie fired Wayne Morgan? The answer is also none but we have had three straight losing seasons and the joy of a home loss to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits.

I guess "the next big step" that Jamie was selling has something to do with making us the butt of jokes on every campus from Lincoln to Lubbock. I just don't know what all his fundraising was for -- it should cost less, not more, to make us suck as much as we have since he gutted and rebuilt most of our major sports programs.

Man, you are BORING. Same thing, day in and day out. You are more like Ned Flanders, not Monty Burns.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Take a look at the goals the man set for himself:

http://www.cyclones.com//pdf5/41388.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10700

1. Record a cumulative grade-pont average for student-athletes that is (1) above 3.0 and (2) higher than the student body.

Result = Fail

2. Graduate student-athletes at a higher percentage rate than the undergraduate student body.

Result = Fail

3. Win a minimum of five Big 12 Conference team championships in the next five years.

Result = Failing after 3 of the 5 years

4. Have all of our teams finish in the upper half of the Big 12 standings in the next five years.

Result = Failing after 3 of the 5 years.

5. Place in the Top 50 schools in the Division I-A Director's Cup rankings in 2007 and in the top 25 by 2011

Result = Fail (73rd place in 2007)

6. Win the annual Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series competition between Iowa State University and the University of Iowa

Result = Epic Fail (lost by largest margin in history of series)

7. Increase our number of season football ticket sales to more than 30,000 for 2006 and more than 35,000 by 2011.

Result = On pace to fail

8. Increase the number of National Cyclone Club members to 7,500 by 2007 and 10,000 by 2011.

Result = unknown

9. Sell 24 additional suites at Jack Trice Stadium by 2008, 20 suits at Hilton Coliseum by 2009, and secure committments for $35million in private support by 2010.

Result = Private donations by 2010 to exceed the 2008 department budget? Unlikely. Where is it coming from? Pollard has secured zilch from Albaugh or any other big donors. On pace for epic fail.

10. Increase and sustain our department's revenues at a level which allows us to reinstate one sport by 2011 and two additional sports by 2016.

On pace to fail.

This guy set ten quantifiable goals for himself and all ten cases he has either failed to meet the goal, or it was set for the future and he is on pace to fail to meet the goal. Maybe Matt & Miller need to review the "Next Big Step" document to see how well Jamie's plan is working.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009

1. Record a cumulative grade-pont average for student-athletes that is (1) above 3.0 and (2) higher than the student body.

Result = Fail

2. Graduate student-athletes at a higher percentage rate than the undergraduate student body.

Result = Fail

3. Win a minimum of five Big 12 Conference team championships in the next five years.

4. Have all of our teams finish in the upper half of the Big 12 standings in the next five years.

5. Place in the Top 50 schools in the Division I-A Director's Cup rankings in 2007 and in the top 25 by 2011

6. Win the annual Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series competition between Iowa State University and the University of Iowa

7. Increase our number of season football ticket sales to more than 30,000 for 2006 and more than 35,000 by 2011.

Result = On pace to fail

8. Increase the number of National Cyclone Club members to 7,500 by 2007 and 10,000 by 2011.

Result = unknown

9. Sell 24 additional suites at Jack Trice Stadium by 2008, 20 suits at Hilton Coliseum by 2009, and secure committments for $35million in private support by 2010.

Result = Private donations by 2010 to exceed the 2008 department budget? Unlikely. Where is it coming from? Pollard has secured zilch from Albaugh or any other big donors. On pace for epic fail.

10. Increase and sustain our department's revenues at a level which allows us to reinstate one sport by 2011 and two additional sports by 2016.

On pace to fail.

This guy set ten quantifiable goals for himself and all ten cases he has either failed to meet the goal, or it was set for the future and he is on pace to fail to meet the goal. Maybe Matt & Miller need to review the "Next Big Step" document to see how well Jamie's plan is working.

Again, this is the same thing you post everyday. It is as predictable as the sunrise. You need to find a new shtick.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Result = Fail

Result = Fail

Result = On pace to fail

Result = unknown

On pace to fail.

You're aware we've accomplished this goal 2 out of the 4 years Pollard has been here. Not sure how 50% (when you're competing against 1 other school) = epic failure. I would love to live in your ****ed up fantasy land Monty. Do you have any acid for sale?

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
You're aware we've accomplished this goal 2 out of the 4 years Pollard has been here. Not sure how 50% (when you're competing against 1 other school) = epic failure. I would love to live in your ****ed up fantasy land Monty. Do you have any acid for sale?

Don't feed the mouse a cookie!!!!!

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

If Jamie had stated his goal was to win the in-state challenge 50% of the time, then bravo, he has done it. Unfortunately he stated his goal was to win it. I guess he forgot to mention he meant "win it half the time", kind of like he forgot to mention that he gave a contract extension to a 2-10 football coach who was coming under fire from the fans.

Even giving him partial credit means he has met 0.5 out of his 10 goals. That's pretty sad.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
If Jamie had stated his goal was to win the in-state challenge 50% of the time, then bravo, he has done it. Unfortunately he stated his goal was to win it. I guess he forgot to mention he meant "win it half the time", kind of like he forgot to mention that he gave a contract extension to a 2-10 football coach who was coming under fire from the fans.

Even giving him partial credit means he has met 0.5 out of his 10 goals. That's pretty sad.

Let's just end this madness and place MontyBurns (err, Dr. Hibbert) as the AD. He will fix everything. :yes:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

Im with you monty... Anyone who hates Jamies guts is a friend of mine!!!

Jamie Pollard is an epic failure....kenny miller

Jamie Pollard wont come on my show ...matt perrault..chicken:biglaugh:

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa

RITE ON BIG BOY...RITE ON.....cybob from the peanut gallery:yes:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
This thread just keeps going and going and going and I'll add to the madness.

It's got to be a conspiracy theory thing. Jamie did it on purpose, so he could create a frenzy of excitement which would pull out all Jamie haters.:confused:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa

Well at least the guy sets goals.

Monty were you even around prior to the Mid 90's when Iowa won all the time>??

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Im with you monty... Anyone who hates Jamies guts is a friend of mine!!!

Jamie Pollard is an epic failure....kenny miller

Jamie Pollard wont come on my show ...matt perrault..chicken:biglaugh:

I appreciate the sentiment but just to set the record straight, I don't hate Jamie's guts. I don't even dislike him. He is a decent, upstanding human being who takes care of his family. I'm sure he would be an excellent administrator or assistant AD. Unfortunately that is not enough qualification to be the AD. We need a leader -- but instead we have a bureaucrat. We need someone with charm and charisma -- but instead we have someone who constantly creates controversy and enemies in the media and division in the fan base. We deserve better than what we've gotten these past 3 years.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I appreciate the sentiment but just to set the record straight, I don't hate Jamie's guts. I don't even dislike him. He is a decent, upstanding human being who takes care of his family. I'm sure he would be an excellent administrator or assistant AD. Unfortunately that is not enough qualification to be the AD. We need a leader -- but instead we have a bureaucrat. We need someone with charm and charisma -- but instead we have someone who constantly creates controversy and enemies in the media and division in the fan base. We deserve better than what we've gotten these past 3 years.

Well I don't think George Patton quite fits in your defintion of leader, yet by all accounts he was darn good one.

Leaders have the ablility study situations and make decisions. They are almost never always right and will be second guessed. Jamie does exactly that and I applaud the bravery that goes into doing that.

And I'm really not sure why you think he's a Bureaucrat. Of the all the AD's I've seen at ISU over the last 30 year the only other guy I can think of who might least fit that description would be Gene Smith closely followed by Jamie Pollard.

Last edited:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Well I don't think George Patton quite fits in your defintion of leader, yet by all accounts he was darn good one.

Leaders have the ablility study situations and make decisions. They are almost never always right and will be second guessed. Jamie does exactly that and I applaud the bravery that goes into doing that.

And I'm really not sure why you think he's a Bureaucrat. Of the all the AD's I've seen at ISU over the last 30 year the only other guy I can think of who might least fit that description would be Gene Smith closely followed by Jamie Pollard.

George Patton studied the situation and made the right decisions. His results speak for themselves (as do Pollard's). Had Patton met 0.5 out of 10 goals, we'd be speaking German today. Patton's job was also vastly different from an AD's. Patton did not have to be a salesman, nor did he have to raise money. The latter especially is very important to an AD.

Pollard presents himself as a bureaucrat because of the issues he tackles. A good AD should be hob-knobbing with people like Albaugh and our wealthy alumni, and finding BIG donors who contribute 5, 6, and 7 figure amounts -- like the Hendricks family at Nebraska or the Carver, Krause, and Pomerantz families at Iowa. Instead he has been spending time putting up his stupid billboard, changing the logo, changing the colors, and blaming fans for not buying enough stuff when the teams, bands, and cheerleaders have mismatched uniforms and warmups, and sniping at certain sports reporters. Our previous AD's did not spend time worrying about the trivial while ignoring the big picture, and neither do AD's at schools like Texas.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron