Matt Fannon (Iowa state womens soccer coach) accused of body shaming/ verbal abuse

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
I live out of state, but did anything ever come of this? I know he got an extension shortly after this news broke which I found odd to say the least.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I live out of state, but did anything ever come of this? I know he got an extension shortly after this news broke which I found odd to say the least.
As you stated, he got an extension. Just last week, the first ever cyclone soccer player was taken in the draft.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa

How dare Pep. Aguero is happy in his own body and shouldn’t have to adhere to these insane standards.
He is also getting paid to play soccer, which is a little different than getting a scholarship(partial?) at Iowa State.

• Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
He is also getting paid to play soccer, which is a little different than getting a scholarship(partial?) at Iowa State.

It’s a lot different. Aguero has a contract and I guarantee fitness tests are part of the contract. Also “body-shaming” as the wokes call it is common in soccer at all levels. We used to call it “stop being fat and slow so you don’t get burned all of the time”.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It’s a lot different. Aguero has a contract and I guarantee fitness tests are part of the contract. Also “body-shaming” as the wokes call it is common in soccer at all levels. We used to call it “stop being fat and slow so you don’t get burned all of the time”.

I would also just like to put a disclaimer that at the non-pro levels this pressure should be coming from the team. Coaches need to shut up and take the L when they take a player that doesn’t pan out.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
IMO the players have a contract if they have aid. If they don't like rules move on. Let the other players fake car of it and it's bullying. You can't win in a woke environment which the schools are at the top.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
IMO the players have a contract if they have aid. If they don't like rules move on. Let the other players fake car of it and it's bullying. You can't win in a woke environment which the schools are at the top.
This post is so woke.