Matt Fannon (Iowa state womens soccer coach) accused of body shaming/ verbal abuse

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
ISU's response to the FOIA request per the Register article

FOIA Requests and Title IX Cases​

Whether a college or university where the complaint has been filed is a public or private institution may impact the type of information that can be obtained through a FOIA request, but at private institutions, information from Title IX complaints may not be released through FOIA requests in order to protect the privacy of parties involved in the complaint. According to a report from Yale Daily News, “FOIA requests for Title IX are usually denied to protect the privacy of any victims of sexual misconduct who may act as cosignatories.” In situations where a university or another party does obtain a Title IX complaint through a FOIA request, it may not be able to disclose information to the public without obtaining permission from the parties involved.

Even when some information is made available after a FOIA request, FERPA can protect the identities of the parties involved. To be clear, the identities of the parties involved in a Title IX case are almost always private and kept confidential (unless there is permission in some situations), but other information contained in a Title IX case may be available to the public with a FOIA request or by other means when exceptions apply. Students who have questions about maintaining confidentiality should learn the specific rules in their college or university Code of Conduct, and should speak with a lawyer about options to keep their case confidential.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
FERPA= Family Education Rights and Privacy Act; students have privacy rights concerning their health and education. I am sure Iowa State does not want to violate this act, whether a student athlete or a regular student, regardless of what the DMR wants or publishes, thus the need for legal opinions. They also need to protect their personnel from wrongful termination, regardless of what the DMR wants or publishes, thus more legal opinions and potential litigation, concerning any conflicts between FERPA, FOIA, and this particular situation.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Those pointing out the coach's record as reason to be fired or not extended, Honest questions-do you follow the team? Know much about this sport at ISU? Know any of the players and their abilities? How good was the team prior to his arrival? Or are you just judging a coach simply by his record? Dan Mccarneys first 5 years were not good and someone not knowing anything about football and only judging by record would want him fired. Those in the know knew what he was building and the circumstances.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Those pointing out the coach's record as reason to be fired or not extended, Honest questions-do you follow the team? Know much about this sport at ISU? Know any of the players and their abilities? How good was the team prior to his arrival? Or are you just judging a coach simply by his record? Dan Mccarneys first 5 years were not good and someone not knowing anything about football and only judging by record would want him fired. Those in the know knew what he was building and the circumstances.
I mean, is that not how a head coach's performance is judged? By wins and losses?

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
I mean, is that not how a head coach's performance is judged? By wins and losses?
Obviously not if JP gave him an extension. But im sure you know more than he does about the situation so complain on my guy.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

For a program like ours? No.

I don't know how long we've had women's soccer, but in conference since 1996 we have more winless seasons than we have over .500 seasons. If we fired the head coach based on wins and losses it would be a revolving door. You have to let someone build a program.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

We'll never know what would have happened if Mac would've been fired after year 5 though. There's a case to be made that he should have been. Its not like there was anything particularly amazing about those years after that. We beat bad teams and got brutally destroyed by anyone actually good. For all we know, we make a change there and we get a coach that is better taking advantage of the 'easy' years in the big 12 rotation and we get a year like Kansas did in 07.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Randy coming to Tommy’s side. The Rag not making any friends in Ames.
The only piece I can agree with is JP needs to address the accusations.
Didn’t he jump to defend Bill when he’s had accusations in the past?

Rag bringing in the big guns. Will Hines be next?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Haven't watched a second of ISU women's soccer. Nor do I care to. I'll trust Pollard.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't want to be a jerk but ISU has 11 wins in 3 years with him at the lead. They have a 4-19-1 conference record, with this most recent year being the worst with an 0-fer season. He now has allegations from former players hanging over his head. He's going to get negatively recruited in every possible way and it will be easy to do it.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or something but to extend him under those circumstances seems absurd.
Be careful, a JP acolyte might cut your Achilles.

Reactions: CDCclone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

How dare Pep. Aguero is happy in his own body and shouldn’t have to adhere to these insane standards.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron