MLB: Matt Stairs is gay!?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I remember in the 80's you could call someone gay and not offend anyone.

It was not an insult against gays. Just your friends. This thread title gave me a flashback.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
I remember in the 80's you could call someone gay and not offend anyone.

It was not an insult against gays. Just your friends. This thread title gave me a flashback.

From the mouth of Michael Scott:

"Did you know that gay used to mean 'happy'? When I was growing up, it meant 'lame'. And now it means a man who makes love to other men..."

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
They have been talking about this all morning on Dan Patrick. They are trying to figure out when the butt slap became a congratularitary thing...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
They have been talking about this all morning on Dan Patrick. They are trying to figure out when the butt slap became a congratularitary thing...

There were times in high school I wondered that too...

then I went to Iowa State Volleyball and decided it wasn't important :biggrin:

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

I was wondering the same thing about football players now when they jump in the air and hit back/butts/sides together. When did this become the thing and how long will it last because these things seem to come and go, except for the butt pat.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Why isn't this thread titled, "Funny Matt Stairs Quote"

Because the original thread title is funny when you look at what he said.

It's also that people are getting sick of you political correct junkies that try and correct what everyone is saying even if someone meant no harm by it.

"Funny Matt Stairs Quote"

Because nobody would have read "funny Matt Stairs quote"

Reactions: clones26

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
excuse me for my sarcasm, if I could change a thread title I would...and it would be "dont read the quote and laugh, read into the thread title and question it"...geesh, we need to win a football game ASAP so the mood around here changes.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
excuse me for my sarcasm, if I could change a thread title I would...and it would be "dont read the quote and laugh, read into the thread title and question it"...geesh, we need to win a football game ASAP so the mood around here changes.

But you can change the thread title. Edit the original post, hit "go advanced", and there you are.

Just...don't. Please. I thought irony went well.