MBB Official Thread

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
best basketball quote this season...

"Mike Taylor is the kind of player that can keep both teams in the game"

fran franscilla-espn

I was watching the Mediacom feed, announced by Dave Armstrong and Paul Splittorf (sp?). Fran Fanscilla was there as well, or was that from a studio show?

While Mike got wild a couple of times, for the most part I thought he did a good job of staying in control tonight. His speed is probably what kept their press from being more effective; once he got the ball they backed off into the half-court....

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
I was watching the Mediacom feed, announced by Dave Armstrong and Paul Splittorf (sp?). Fran Fanscilla was there as well, or was that from a studio show?

While Mike got wild a couple of times, for the most part I thought he did a good job of staying in control tonight. His speed is probably what kept their press from being more effective; once he got the ball they backed off into the half-court....
fran made that quote while doing the ku game, it just reminded me of mike's play tonite...he kept ou close...and helped isu win...lol

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Great game. Jiri hit 11 fieldgoals, more than rest of team. Dodie held unto the ball. Mike and Corey brought the ball up the court the best I have seen. We passed bounce passes into Jiri. Jessan played tough even though he was hit in the face twice. Ross did the best he has yet although it is not good enough. Brock was 0-1. Wesley did not score much or rebound but was a contributor. Rahshoin outsmarted the thugs. Most complete game yet. Nice playing from the front. Mike threw three or four great assist passes out of nowhere. Not too many turnovers. Close rebounding battle - Okie was best rebounding in 17 of last 19 games. Saw some fight in the old gal. Fans had Hilton Magic back. We are now ready to play in the Big 12.

EDIT
I apologize to the nameless person who gave me negative rep for my spelling. I use a HD TV and sit on my couch about ten feet away and I do not have good eyesight and I sometimes am rushed to watch the other bball games and my wireless keyboard on my lap sometimes does not work as well as on a desk (keys stick), but I usually go back on every post and eventually correct the spelling. And no, I have no software on my computer yet for spellchecking such as word or outlook. I use the computer mostly just for recording TV and the internet. Hopefully I will fix that in the near future. Sorry to those offended. Guess you can say something nice about the game and still get dinged. My my.

Here was the posted comment: "use a spell checker. your post was nasty. Please edit it. Rashoib, ebnough, rebopund, thre, fieldgoqals, come on." I ask you what was nastier - my spelling or the comment? It was only a negative 50 points so this nameless person does not have a big rep......

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I was getting so angry at the refs tonight. Yeesh, call a freeking foul already! They were really trying to give the game back to OU in those final minutes... even though our guys were committing their own stupid errors.

Great, great game tonight, especially by Jiri and Rahshon. I was waiting for Clark to have a breakout game just so that I could justify my avatar! :laugh8kb: Jiri was just a monster inside the paint, and for the first time in my life, I wanted Jiri to take a three on that over-the-head pass from Taylor.

How did those C-U-R-R-I-E guys get into Cyclone Alley so early on?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Clark had a great first half, but we really could've used continued production in the 2nd half - maybe they wanted to go to WJ, but he didn't get going either.

I wonder if Mac really wants Jiri and Taylor dropping like dominos inside - the the closeup on the flop from Jiri was pretty sad.

Excellent first half, wishywashy second, but fairly solid FT shooting and ball control under 2 minutes. Lots of good in this game, and lots to work on.

Clark earns respect from this poster for at least two games, four if he makes sportscenter ;)

FLYBOY1979

Apr 12, 2006
Box score is on cyclone.com attendence was 11800+ Seemed like alot of empty seats. can we make a run here at the end and make the NIT????
Go Cyclones

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
Box score is on cyclone.com attendence was 11800+ Seemed like alot of empty seats. can we make a run here at the end and make the NIT????
Go Cyclones

I honestly believe we can win two more times for sure this year - Colorado and Nebraska. Now we have the home court advantage for the Tech game - say that's a W. Now only if we can beat Kansas State on top of that, we will be 17-13. We would have won 5 out of last 6 games of the season - that should get us to NIT, don't you think?