MBB Official Thread

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I think a lot of our success depends on how the other team shoots that night. As obvious as that sounds, it just seems like we generally play good defense. Texas was on fire. Missouri was on fire. Oklahoma was cold. If OU makes a couple tough shots as Missouri and Texas did, they probably win.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
That's game. Great job by the guys tonight, when Wesley didn't have a great game, Jiri REALLY stepped up. Glad that he's really taken to the coaching that McD has been giving him.

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
The only thing that would have made the win sweeter would be if OU still had Eduardo "Huge NOSE" Najera playing for them! Great win!!!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Big win against a good team. Little too close for comfort, but all of our wins from now on are going to be like that when the other team has better, bigger, and stronger horses. I thought Gray had a nice game tonight. Couple of shots off the bench (how big was the one right before halftime?) and had a few rebounds right when we needed them.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

Sorry folks, I've been holding my breath since 13 minutes left!
Great job finishing by our guys tonight! Lets hope we can return the favor to KSU and out-physical them on their home floor.

hiwhatis

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, IA
Great game for Jiri, Taylor kept his streak alive, Rahson had a great first half and a couple thunderous dunks, and most importantly we got the W. Not to bad a night if you ask me.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I know Cory McIntosh has taken a lot of flack on this board, and to be fair a lot of it has been deserved, but I thought he had a decent game tonight. Those two free throws he made were huge shots to give us that six point lead in crunch time. I don't think Oklahoma ever got closer than five after that.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
somthing i just relized..we were only down once in this game.. and it was 5-0.. and then after we took a 7-5 lead.. it was all us the rest of the game.. i think that is amazing for this team..