FS: MBB Season Tickets - 217

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
If anyone is interested in non conference tickets. I would sell the non con portion for $100/ticket. I have 6 corner seats.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
The only way he could buy a ton is if he was lucky enough to get them 5 years ago or so, and has never given them up. Otherwise nobody could register now and get more than 1 or 2, if you were lucky.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Scalpers add no value to the product. They merely add expense.
Disagree, as someone who is self-employed my time is better spent on my business. When time allows me to go, I don't want to spend to time to find and compare ticket prices and location, communicate with the seller, arrange a time to meet, drive to pick up. I would rather go to one website or find someone who caters to customers (by taking care of the details and meeting me in Ames for a quick exchange). Just saying your opinion as a blanket statement, is not always true. GO CYCLONES!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Disagree, as someone who is self-employed my time is better spent on my business. When time allows me to go, I don't want to spend to time to find and compare ticket prices and location, communicate with the seller, arrange a time to meet, drive to pick up. I would rather go to one website or find someone who caters to customers (by taking care of the details and meeting me in Ames for a quick exchange). Just saying your opinion as a blanket statement, is not always true. GO CYCLONES!

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with, because I agree with most everything you said. If you want to go to one venue that caters to the customer, that is exactly what the box office does. I just don't like people buying tickets with the intent on selling them at a higher rate. I'd rather have people purchase tickets that actually intend on going to whatever the event is. That would also squash the fake ticket fraud that is becoming more and more prominent.

But again, this entire re-selling concept is so commonplace that it won't change.

I'll back out of this thread. I don't want to litter this thread with me repeating my opinion of scalpers since I may have simply misunderstood the OP's intent.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
The only way he could buy a ton is if he was lucky enough to get them 5 years ago or so, and has never given them up. Otherwise nobody could register now and get more than 1 or 2, if you were lucky.

Correct. These were all added during a time when season tickets didn't sell out.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with, because I agree with most everything you said. If you want to go to one venue that caters to the customer, that is exactly what the box office does. I just don't like people buying tickets with the intent on selling them at a higher rate. I'd rather have people purchase tickets that actually intend on going to whatever the event is. That would also squash the fake ticket fraud that is becoming more and more prominent.

But again, this entire re-selling concept is so commonplace that it won't change.

I'll back out of this thread. I don't want to litter this thread with me repeating my opinion of scalpers since I may have simply misunderstood the OP's intent.
I disagree with your comment that the scalpers are NO value. To me they are of value. Do you buy your milk directly from the cow or from someone who never intended on drink it? I agree with you, reselling goods for a profit, probability is here to stay.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My favorite opening scalper line is "How much do you want to spend?"