FS: MBB Season Tickets - 217

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I have two season tickets available in section 217 row 15 on the isle. $500/Ticket OBO. PM if you're interested. Thanks

Update - Sale pending

Last edited:

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Curious as to what's face value for these. Far corner, 2nd from the top row...

If you are serious, the cost through the university is $199 per set plus a $25 handling fee. To be fair in order to have a shot at receiving a set of tickets, one has to donate $2500 to the cyclone club although that may change in future years. Sorry I do not have what is written on the tickets. Here is the link to the seating map:
http://www.cyclones.com/images/2016/5/19/Hilton%20Coliseum%20Seating%20Chart-MBB_71.jpg

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
They're probably about worth that without donation based on demand, I've sold tickets to TTU for $75 each in corner balcony. Baylor pulled in $125.

No donation required but you aren't getting a pair of tickets together without donating a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If you are serious, the cost through the university is $199 per set plus a $25 handling fee. To be fair in order to have a shot at receiving a set of tickets, one has to donate $2500 to the cyclone club although that may change in future years. Sorry I do not have what is written on the tickets. Here is the link to the seating map:
http://www.cyclones.com/images/2016/5/19/Hilton%20Coliseum%20Seating%20Chart-MBB_71.jpg

I wasn't serious in wanting to purchase them as that price sounds insane. I was just curious if my thinking was right or not. I'm not in the market for season tickets quite yet.

I sit in 217, a couple rows below row 15. No Cyclone Club donation required for these $199 tickets, although I donate anyway.

This is what I was thinking.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I think it is hard to figure what seats are worth today. A few years ago one could get $199 season tickets without making any donation to the university. That changed with about the third year of Fred's tenure. People who purchased before then are now grandfathered in and can renew their seats without making a donation. The demand this year still outstrips the supply. If one were to try to get tickets through the university as a new purchaser, it takes a large donation to the cyclone club to have a season ticket order filled.

So the secondary market may be a better indicator. The secondary market is always what will sellers accept vs how much will buyers offer. In a sellers market such as the current one sellers will ask for more than university cost. The question is how much premium is needed to bring supply and demand into balance. Usually it depends just how bad one wants to see the games in Hilton and whether the person can afford the asking prices. Also how bad the seller wants to sell. The market changes. Will prices decline, or more tickets be offered as we get closer to the season? Will demand drive prices higher? The only thing we know for sure is tickets become worthless after the games have been played.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Curious as to what's face value for these. Far corner, 2nd from the top row...
I wasn't serious in wanting to purchase them as that price sounds insane. I was just curious if my thinking was right or not. I'm not in the market for season tickets quite yet.

Highest offer is $850 at the moment

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Corner seats don't require a donation at this point. That may change.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
With all due respect to the idea of making some money, anybody paying this price is making a big mistake.

How else are you going to get season tickets right now? I ask for 3 more every year, I am in gold, I get denied. I assume all seating requests by non donors are denied.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Do people making offers realize how bad the 15th row is?
I need to sell the non con/mid week conf games I don't want to go to, I'll be posting those soon.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
How else are you going to get season tickets right now? I ask for 3 more every year, I am in gold, I get denied. I assume all seating requests by non donors are denied.

Fair enough. I'd at least want to haggle with the guy, or just take my chances game by game.

They sent me something about adding seats, and the renewal thing only had the option to request more, not to reduce. I didn't bother. As a low-level donor, I wouldn't get them anyway.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012

I sold all of my seats last year for a lot more and half of them still went to people trying make profit by selling them as single game tickets. I'm not going to sell all my seats at "face" just to watch 75% of them get resold for a profit.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I sold all of my seats last year for a lot more and half of them still went to people trying make profit by selling them as single game tickets. I'm not going to sell all my seats at "face" just to watch 75% of them get resold for a profit.
In a nicer world, people who actually want to USE the tickets would be able to buy them from the University, at the listed prices, rather than going through 2-3 layers of profiteers.
Just sayin'

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Your seats or your inventory?
Hats off to you for your business, but it's not like you're dumping your personal seats here. You apparently buy a ton just for the selling.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid