FS: MBB Season Tickets - 217

ImperialCyclone

Sep 11, 2012
I think anyone is entitled to list tickets at any price they choose. It's up to the buyer to think that is a) a fair deal or b) outrageous and walk away. I've never understood the 90 people that have to say "that price is insane". It isn't really. To you, yes, it may be insane, but to others not so much. People are so quick to complain these days. Relax. Have a smile and enjoy some cyclone bball at whatever price you want to pay.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Do people making offers realize how bad the 15th row is?
I need to sell the non con/mid week conf games I don't want to go to, I'll be posting those soon.
Your seats or your inventory?
Hats off to you for your business, but it's not like you're dumping your personal seats here. You apparently buy a ton just for the selling.

I guess for short term yeah it's business in that if theres money to made I'm going to take it vs letting someone else flip them but that's not the long term plan. I bought a ton when Hoiberg got here to get seats locked in under my name so when I or family need to add tickets they are available. I'm definitely not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking ahead.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I guess for short term yeah it's business in that if theres money to made I'm going to take it vs letting someone else flip them but that's not the long term plan. I bought a ton when Hoiberg got here to get seats locked in under my name so when I or family need to add tickets they are available. I'm definitely not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking ahead.
You're going to wind up with rotator cuff surgery eventually.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Corner seats don't require a donation at this point. That may change.

Ticket renewals do not require a donation this year for corner seats. New purchasers could not get them from the university without making a donation this year.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I won't get into my thoughts on scalpers as it is about as divisive a subject you can talk about on here. I just want to add that as a gold level donor that did not have tickets last year, we were only able to get individual tickets not next to each other. Hope to get these grouped together next year. If you are thinking about tickets this is most likely what you'll have to do unless you know someone in the ticket office.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I think it's a pretty fair offer, having bought and sold plenty of corner balcony tickets myself the past couple seasons. If you buy tickets before gameday for conference games, you're not going to get them much cheaper than $40 on ticketexchange or stubhub. There's also Cinci at home. 10*40 = 400, and obviously games like KU go for a helluva lot more than $40.

Reactions: tay2015 and mr89ia

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Someone else want to explain the joke since it is apparently obvious?

She's saying you're patting yourself on the back for your purchase. Gloating about being a scalper ("I'm definitely not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking ahead") on a fan website where many fans either don't have access to tickets or can't afford scalper prices isn't going to go over well.

What you're doing is legal and most realize that if you don't do it, someone else will. However, nobody likes hearing how someone else is proud to line their pockets with someone else's money who is less fortunate.

mr89ia

Mar 9, 2010
Madison,WI
She's saying you're patting yourself on the back for your purchase. Gloating about being a scalper ("I'm definitely not going to apologize or feel bad for thinking ahead") on a fan website where many fans either don't have access to tickets or can't afford scalper prices isn't going to go over well.

What you're doing is legal and most realize that if you don't do it, someone else will. However, nobody likes hearing how someone else is proud to line their pockets with someone else's money who is less fortunate.

Good lord this is what's wrong with America. He wasn't gloating about anything! I don't have tickets, couldn't afford seasons, but I certainly am not going to hold it against someone who does. I will pay what I can afford for the games I want to/can go to.

Demonizing someone for having thought it out and/or making some cash is ridiculous. This charity mentality you have is dangerous for every one since there are so many out there like you.

Good luck on the sale.

Reactions: tay2015

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012

Lol I wasn't gloating in my post. I mearly stated my reason for carrying a large amount of season tickets. Some people are way too soft.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Good lord this is what's wrong with America. He wasn't gloating about anything! I don't have tickets, couldn't afford seasons, but I certainly am not going to hold it against someone who does. I will pay what I can afford for the games I want to/can go to.

Demonizing someone for having thought it out and/or making some cash is ridiculous. This charity mentality you have is dangerous for every one since there are so many out there like you.

Good luck on the sale.

Charity mentality? Re-read my post. He asked what the joke was and I explained it. This is a fan website. I have no problem if someone can't make a game and sells it to another fan that wants to go. Hell, make a small profit for all I care. I never said he should lose money or be charitable.

But someone that buys tickets at cost with the intent on reselling them for a profit ticks me off. They are taking tickets from people that actually want to go at university-suggested prices.

Scalpers add no value to the product. They merely add expense.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Charity mentality? Re-read my post. He asked what the joke was and I explained it. This is a fan website. I have no problem if someone can't make a game and sells it to another fan that wants to go. Hell, make a small profit for all I care. I never said he should lose money or be charitable.

But someone that buys tickets at cost with the intent on reselling them for a profit ticks me off. They are taking tickets from people that actually want to go at university-suggested prices.

Scalpers add no value to the product. They merely add expense.

Well that's not what I'm doing but you seem mad at me? The reselling of my tickets is mearly a byproduct of my long term plan.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Lol I wasn't gloating in my post. I mearly stated my reason for carrying a large amount of season tickets. Some people are way too soft.

I apologize if I misunderstood your post, but when you said "I bought a ton when Hoiberg was here", it sounded like you bought an abundance of tickets with the intent to re-sell, not just for family.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
On the other hand, not everyone is into this money is the end all and be all. I very much appreciate what the athletic department has done to keep Cyclone basketball family affordable. Sports are highly cyclical. The next down spiral it is the family patrons that will be in the seats and attend the games. The scalpers will have all moved on to some other quick buck.

For this reason when I have tickets that we can not use because of another conflict I usually give them to a friend . The university did not over charge me for the tickets I do not feel the need to profiteer from another fan. Being a cyclone fan is about having fun. A lot of long time fans wish it to be fun for more than just themselves.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Well that's not what I'm doing but you seem mad at me?
On the other hand, not everyone is into this money is the end all and be all. I very much appreciate what the athletic department has done to keep Cyclone basketball family affordable. Sports are highly cyclical. The next down spiral it is the family patrons that will be in the seats and attend the games. The scalpers will have all moved on to some other quick buck.

For this reason when I have tickets that we can not use because of another conflict I usually give them to a friend . The university did not over charge me for the tickets I do not feel the need to profiteer from another fan. Being a cyclone fan is about having fun. A lot of long time fans wish it to be fun for more than just themselves.

I prefer to have fun and make money:)

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Not telling people what to charge or think 710, just voicing another viewpoint, that I think is good to voice every now and again.