MBB vs Texas

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
when mcintosh and clark are on the floor, its like playing offense 3v5, there is no offensive threat at all

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
of course I know hes probably our best defensive player, but on offense he is definitely lacking

But to call him the worst offensive player you've ever seen? I can name a couple of others, on our team, this year. That doesn't extend to other years or other teams.

It was a foolish comment that you made and a couple others made too. The coaches have stated many, many times they're using Clark nearly as an exclusive defender this year. No, he's not doing well on offense, especially with finishing.

He also doesn't get to use that part of his game much anymore - therefore it's a bit rusty. Rusty breeds lack of confidence.

Confidence is something every player on this team has troubles with at times. Lack of confidence is what helped put us in an early hole today.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Did we double team Durant or do anything special, from what you guys could tell?

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Oklahoma could be a tough out, but if we can play against them the way we did in the last ten minutes I think we'll get the win. I almost turned the game off at halftime today. I'm glad I didn't.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Hey Texas, out freshman did better than your freshman! Not by much but hey count it!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
With the flashes of good things that this team shows, it appears we definitely do have som ething brewing here. We're struggling with consistency, and we may again next year since we'll still be young with Garrett and Brackins, but I have no doubt the future is bright here.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Did we double team Durant or do anything special, from what you guys could tell?

Kept Ceaser stuck to him like glue all throughout the second half. Didn't let him run around through zone coverages for the most part. Durant seems to do a lot more of his damage when he's out running free rather than when he's got a guy in his shorts for extended periods of time.

MidwestZest

Apr 22, 2006
Sycamore, IL
More in the 1st half than in the 2nd. We did when he got into the lane or down low, but otherwise it was just straight up man with caesar or clark leaning in on him alot. Making him take outside shots

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Kept Ceaser stuck to him like glue all throughout the second half. Didn't let him run around through zone coverages for the most part. Durant seems to do a lot more of his damage when he's out running free rather than when he's got a guy in his shorts for extended periods of time.

Caeser is definitely earning his minutes. It's nice to see, I'm happy for him. Was Rahshon giving Durant trouble at all? It sounds like he had a couple of bush league foul calls on him in the fist half.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Hey Texas, out freshman did better than your freshman! Not by much but hey count it!

Uhm, no they didn't; D.J. Augustin and his 30+ points, 8 assists and ? steals is a freshman as well...

Not that I'm one to declare moral victories, but it was nice to see the squad play a strong second half...

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Quite true. Did anybody off the bench score a FG, or score at all for that matter?

ESPN.com tells me that McIntosh didn't start and had two points -- both free throws. And Gray started over Rahshon? If their box score is correct, we did not score a field goal off the bench.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I'm pretty sure that both McIntosh started. At least that's what my ESPN Full Court feed told me.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm pretty convinced that the reason we've lost at least 3-4 games that we did was because we weren't able to get anything offensively from Rahshon. If he could contribute offensively like he has in the past, then that would help our offense by having another threat on the floor to defend against.

Cheer up, Cyclone fans! There is a bright future! Give this team two years and you won't even remember this year. Heck, I'm hoping to forget about this season by next season because we should be vastly improved with a team that has actually been together for more than 6 months.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I agree offensively we are playing 3 on 5. Jiri, Mike, and WJ are very dangerous...while Corey Mac and Clark provide nothing at all.

Dodie has the ability to spark us off the bench but that's about all we have offensively.

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
I know...Clark is horrible. Take is scholarship away.

He's only holding Durant to one of his worst games of the season. That's pathetic!

This post brought to you by Sarcasm. Always cold, never refreshing. Sarcasm!
he only played 15 minutes and had four silly fouls, Ceaser played the best defense on him