"Meh" recruits vs Heralded Ones.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Well since you mentioned it, I'll even expose my own gem of a hot take. Once, I said something to the effect of:

"Steve Prohm deserves another chance on his ability as a recruiter alone."

I got mercilessly dragged for that one, and justifiably so. I earnestly pray for forgiveness every night for that one. LOL!
I mean, the guy could find talent. Just not a good X's and O's coach. I feel he's best suited for a top tier assistant on a big brand program.

Regardless, TJ is just as good if not better and actually maximizes that talent and squeezes about every drop of talent, effort, and attitude out of each player. Prohm can't. And yeah, I defended Prohm longer than necessary and should have too. Whatever, it happened and now we are in a better place with TJ. We can let it go lol.

Reactions: RezClone

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
No way you can say that Shayok left us wanting more. He was a spectacular one-year player for us.

To your main point, yeah it’s always hard to predict how an incoming player will turn out. I’m just going to trust TJ at this point. He’s done a remarkable job so far.
Really? Because I wanted one more year of Shayok. Left too soon. I know he left when his eligibility was up, but it still left me wanting more.

Reactions: RezClone