Men's Bracket Talk: Who You Got? Biggest Upset?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Agree --- If Purdue as 1 seed in that region should get Elite 8 minimum ... and if it does, not sure who in bottom half of bracket is much of a challenge, unless Tennessee gets that far. {Speaking of sea-parting).

Not claiming PU can breeze through it -- some viable competition along the way, but -- if not this time, when?
Purdues main problem is Matt Painter.

Come to think of it, have you ever seen Painter and Brian Ferentz in the same place at the same time? Hmmmmm

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Midwest bracket sucks. Might be the year the seas part for Purdont to actually achieve something
Yeah I was looking for an opportunity to have them get upset but wasn’t really seeing it. Maybe Kansas but I’m not super confident in them either.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Samford is a strong 13 seed. I like them over an injured KU squad.

Vermont is a really good 13 seed too. They struggle to score, but are long, athletic, and experienced (4th straight NCAA tourney). I like them over Duke.

New Mexico over Clemson and Drake over Washington State. But I’m not sure those will even be upsets when the lines come out.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I think Baylor has the easiest path from the Big 12
I mean it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Baylor's path is the easiest, Kansas will have McCullar and Dickinson playing again so it's possible, we have a difficult road through UConn but doable if we play how we did Sunday and Houston is just ink.

Edit: I would love this situation but realistically I don't truly believe it would happen.

Reactions: dahliaclone

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
My two rules when filling out brackets that always works for me as a multiple time winner of my office bracket challenge.

1) the upset pick all the experts have, rarely comes true.
2) the favorite mid major Cinderella all the experts pick, normally loses in the first weekend if not game.

I would love to pick McNeese state but I'm afraid they seem to fall into category 1. I think my spiciest pick so far is Grand canyon to the sweet sixteen. I also have Marquette losing in the second round to the winner of boise state/colorado. Subject to change, I mostly filled my out on vibes this morning.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
I think Baylor has the easiest path from the Big 12
I agree. I ended up with Baylor, Purdue, Houston, and us. Purdue just has such an easy path…and I think Drew is the difference in helping Baylor get past Arizona. Houston also had a path that felt very doable for them…

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I agree. I ended up with Baylor, Purdue, Houston, and us. Purdue just has such an easy path…and I think Drew is the difference in helping Baylor get past Arizona. Houston also had a path that felt very doable for them…
Arizona wont be there by the time baylor plays them

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
My two rules when filling out brackets that always works for me as a multiple time winner of my office bracket challenge.

1) the upset pick all the experts have, rarely comes true.
2) the favorite mid major Cinderella all the experts pick, normally loses in the first weekend if not game.

I would love to pick McNeese state but I'm afraid they seem to fall into category 1. I think my spiciest pick so far is Grand canyon to the sweet sixteen. I also have Marquette losing in the second round to the winner of boise state/colorado. Subject to change, I mostly filled my out on vibes this morning.
Yeah, it never seems to fail. ALl the talking heads come out and heap praise on a couple of lower seeds like you said this year McNeese State and all pick them for the upset and it rarely happens. And then some school no one was talking about pulls the upset.
Colorado is a team to watch because they are underseeded according to metrics and they have legit NBA players on their roster. The timeline on Kolek keeps changing as well and if he isn't playing this weekend they won't get passed the second round.

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
the last few years there have been 15 seeds that have given 2's a run for their money, and no part of me trusts AZ. Give me LBSU

Reactions: Halincandenza

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
I have Creighton in place of Purdue but oterwise the same.
Cyclones beating Creighton for the Natty

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I've got Charleston over 'Bama and Vermont over Duke for big 1st round upsets

My surprise S16 teams are Miss St over UNC and CU/Boise St over Marquette.

Still deciding what to do with NC State, too. I could see a path for them to the E8 if they get past TTU. Marquette and UK are both upset-prone IMO.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

Help Support Us

Become a patron