Miami

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
I always forget how much coaching matters come tournament time. It’s encouraging that TJ can out coach an interim head coach and Greg Gard (who I don’t think is great). But Jim Larananga is a good tournament coach. It will be exciting to see.

I don’t want this to come off as me having doubts, if anything I feel reassured.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Comparing Kenpom ratings can be tricky, but the closest Miami comps in rating to teams ISU have already played this year are probably Iowa and KState. ISU went 2-1 in those games. Turnovers and rebounding were key in the wins.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Comparing Kenpom ratings can be tricky, but the closest Miami comps in rating to teams ISU have already played this year are probably Iowa and KState. ISU went 2-1 in those games. Turnovers and rebounding were key in the wins.
Cannot wait.

We are at an advantage in that we are a super close plane ride. Miami has to go a long ways to get up to Chicago.

Let's go get an elite 8!

• Haha
Reactions: keepngoal

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Cannot wait.

We are at an advantage in that we are a super close plane ride. Miami has to go a long ways to get up to Chicago.

Let's go get an elite 8!

I think Ames to Milwaukee was just barely over the NCAA minimum distance for a chartered flight instead of a bus trip. Not sure what the team will do in Chicago (probably whatever they did 6 years ago for the same venue and same round of the tourney).

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Chicago is further than Madison, so we qualify for the flight

Chicago is further than Madison, but we just played in Milwaukee, and Google Maps is telling me United Center is 9 miles closer to Hilton than Fiserv Forum is.

CyTwister

Aug 30, 2019
Cannot wait.

Let's go get an elite 8!
Heavy advantage over Miami. As someone else mentioned, they only have 3000 fans per home game, they have a smaller alumni base, and they don’t have nearly as many alums in Chicago (can someone check this on LinkedIn search function which shows it for different schools in Chicago metro area?). I bet KU has bought a lot of tickets as well while Providence based out of RI is much weaker.

Miami airplane trip looks to be around $425 for that weekend round trip and is 3 hours while driving is 20 hours.

Plenty of Cyclones and some Jayhawks in Chicago.

Reactions: Cycho1