Minnesota wrestling program with drug allegations

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Feel bad for J Rob. This will tarnish his 30 years with Minnesota and might cost him his job. I assume he is close to retiring anyway, but thought he should go out on his terms and not with a scandal

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So if I am reading this correctly.

The coach had concerns and asked the AD to test wrestlers. The AD tested but not for everything.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thought this would get out there faster since you essentially had a drug ring involving wrestlers and the coach tried to cover it up and "handle it." Been a topic in the paper here locally but actually even surprised it's not a bigger story even here. It was a ******* drug ring, buying and selling, not just a couple guys using some drugs.

I agree with the local scribe Patrick Reusse.

The alleged Xanax distribution by four of coach J Robinson’s wrestlers is a greater scandal than the academic fraud that took place in Clem Haskins’ basketball program during the 1990s.[

This isn’t a few athletes saying to other students at a party, “Hey, try one of these.’’ This has been reported as 2,500 Xanax pills. They were shipped by a wrestler no longer in the program to four current wrestlers to serve as the sellers.“That’s an incredible amount of Xanax,’’ an internal medicine doctor told me. “I don’t even know how you would get that amount illegally.’’

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I might apply for the interim interim AD position.

lionnusmb

Dec 30, 2008
Ankeny, IA
That's crazy. I don't quite know how to read this. Obviously this was slipped under the rug, but who, is my question.

Heads gonna roll.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Thought this would get out there faster since you essentially had a drug ring involving wrestlers and the coach tried to cover it up and "handle it." Been a topic in the paper here locally but actually even surprised it's not a bigger story even here. It was a ******* drug ring, buying and selling, not just a couple guys using some drugs.

I agree with the local scribe Patrick Reusse.

The reports from the media are from one anonymous source. I'll wait until the police investigation comes out. J Rob deserves the benefit of the doubt.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The reports from the media are from one anonymous source. I'll wait until the police investigation comes out. J Rob deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I'd trust the media sources before I'd believe an agent. Plus the student wrestler sources are the ones who earlier talked with the police. It was the news folks leading this. They are just following up on the police investigation.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That's crazy. I don't quite know how to read this. Obviously this was slipped under the rug, but who, is my question.

Heads gonna roll.

Going to be a good test for the new AD they just hired. Oh, here Mr. Coyle, in addition to our ****ed up men's basketball situation we have this new scandal in the wrestling department involving our longtime coach for you to deal with right out of the gate!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Making money illicitly by selling pills at $8 apiece seems like a plan that is bound to fail.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Going to be a good test for the new AD they just hired. Oh, here Mr. Coyle, in addition to our ****ed up men's basketball situation we have this new scandal in the wrestling department involving our longtime coach for you to deal with right out of the gate!

Meanwhile, Jerry Kill is making good money with a nice figurehead position with K-State.

Help Support Us

Become a patron